Our house is pretty chilly so I came out back to sit in the sun a bit and type of this post for you all. I felt like I could only do this Sparkling Vodka Lavender Lemonade justice by typing these exact words while I bask in the joy of sunshine.
Spring has sprung here. It seems kind of silly because you imagine southern California as an always sunny, warm weather place. And, it is. But there are slight changes in seasons that make you really appreciate the spring and summer months that much more.
So as I started to think about our spring outdoor weather, I decided we were also about due for a cocktail recipe. My favorite kind of cocktails are refreshing, are juicy, are sweet, and well… get a nice abuzz on.
I couldn’t help but get excited about lemonade season and pink lemonade season and Arnold Palmer season that I started to think a spiked lemonade would be kind of the perfect addition to my lemonade repertoire.
This recipe is fun because you’re making your own lemon syrup with a simple mix of agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works if you prefer) and some lemon juice. Mix it up with some lavender, some vodka, some bubbles and GIRL. You got yourself spring in a glass.
To me, what makes gatherings go from “nice” to “aw I had the best time” is the surprise cocktail. Maybe this says too about me and my priorities and where I come from and who I am buuut… you bring me a fun cocktail when I’m least expecting it and I’m pretty sure I’ll be your friend for life.
Just me? Cool.
Pretty cocktails are the trick, I tell you!
Ingredients you’ll need for this cocktail:
- culinary lavender
- plain seltzer or club soda
How to make this delicious lavender lemonade cocktail
Begin by combining the lemon syrup ingredients in a glass measuring cup. Mix well.
To make the cocktail, muddle together the lemon syrup, lavender and lemon slice well so that the lavender flavor can release from the petals. Pour in the vodka and mix well.
Pour the vodka syrup mixture into a 12oz. glass with ice and top with seltzer. Mix and enjoy! This makes one cocktail but you’ll have more lemon syrup leftover to make more!
More cocktails to try:
- Strawberry Basil Moscow Mules
- Summer Peach Rosé Sangria
- Lightened Up Rosé Lemonade Spritzer
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita – Two Ways
For the lemon syrup (makes 4 cocktails):
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup agave
For the vodka lemonade:
- 2 oz. lemon syrup
- 1/2–1 tsp. culinary lavender (use 1 tsp if you like a stronger lavender flavor)
- 1 lemon slice
- 2 oz. vodka
- About 8 oz. plain seltzer or club soda
- Begin by combining the lemon syrup ingredients in a glass measuring cup. Mix well.
- To make the cocktail, muddle together the lemon syrup, lavender and lemon slice well so that the lavender flavor can release from the petals.
- Pour in the vodka and mix well.
- Pour the vodka syrup mixture into a 12oz. glass with ice and top with seltzer. Mix and enjoy!
- This makes one cocktail but you’ll have more lemon syrup leftover to make more!
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 64.2g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 67.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
BIG thank you to my friend Allie from Miss Allie’s Kitchen for creating this delicious recipe and taking these gorgeous images for us!! I love her work and couldn’t be more excited she’s creating some tasty dishes to share here too!