It’s strawberry season y’all!! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know I love lemon water, and it’s been fun experimenting with different infused water flavors – cucumber, blueberry, rosemary, mint. Tons and tons of possibilities!!
I feel like every summer I get the lemonade “bug” one way or another. A few years ago I was obsessed with homemade Arnold Palmers, making big pots of iced tea at a time, saving them to mix with my lemonade. Ahh, so good. Bahh now I want to go do that.
Well, I wanted to do a different take on a traditional summer drink. It’s so easy, just a few extra steps, and soo so worth it!! You can make a big pitcher of this and keep it in your fridge for some delicious draaanks.
Also, this turns into the most beautiful vibrant color!! I mean, who doesn’t love a pretty drink? I’m thinking this would be a beautiful touch for a bridal or baby shower!! I made this in my mom’s kitchen who just happened to have the freshest, perfect blend of ingredients.
Let’s talk about the flavor!! I love it when no particular flavor outshines the other. You sip it, taste it, and admire the playful balance of flavors. I thought the ratio here was spot on. Because I’m a big lemon water person, I made it more on the unsweetened side, but you can up the sweetness if desired.
Anyway, here’s what you do!
In a blender, combine the filtered water, lemon juice, strawberries, grated ginger, and agave nectar. Blend until completely liquid and combined.
Strain it and allow to chill in the fridge.
Serve with fresh strawberry and lemon slices!
- 2 liters filtered water
- 4 small lemons, juiced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or more depending how sweet you like it! (honey or maple syrup works too)
- garnish: lemon slices, sliced strawberries, mint leaves
- In a blender, combine the filtered water, lemon juice, strawberries, grated ginger, and agave nectar.
- Blend until completely liquid and combined.
- Strain it and allow to chill in the fridge.
- Serve with fresh strawberry and lemon slices!
- Serving Size: 6
Let me know what your favorite summer drinks are in the comments below!! xo