Every summer I am inspired to bring you some cocktails and fun drinks. I want to hold me a pretty beverage and sit outside in the sun and soak in summer. Is that too much to ask?
So last year I bought a bunch of fun cocktail glasses and decided to do #thirstythursday series. Only… I made it two Thursdays and totally forgot about it. But not this year. This year I have plans to bring you a fun cocktail once a week for… ok let’s set a goal here. Let’s set a month goal. One drink a week for a month. And then we can reassess and see if we want to keep it going.
So today we’re making a juicy, refreshing sangria that is absolutely perfect to prep ahead for a bbq or brunch or any normal #thirstythursday.
If you’re feeling like you want some fun cocktails this summer and need some inspo, try this frozen strawberry margarita recipe, or this rose lemonade spritzer! And, if you have any cocktail requests, let me know in the comments below!
So without further adieu, let’s make this deliciously summer peach rosé sangria!
Place the sliced peaches into a pitcher. I used one regular peach and one white peach for variety, but two normal peaches work! Pit the cherries and place the cherries into the pitcher too. The easiest way to pit cherries is to use a straw! Take off the stem and push a straw through. The pit should come out the bottom and you’ll have a hole straight through the cherry.
I used my metal reusable straws, and they totally did the trick! Super sturdy and you can also slice the cherries in half if you want!
Add the rosé to the pitcher along with the juice and stir to combine.
Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Right before serving add the soda and give it one more stir to mix. I used a diet lemon-lime soda, but feel free to use whatever kind you want.
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 bottle rosé
- 1/4 cup peach flavored vodka or freshly squeeze peach juice (I bought two additional peaches and juiced them right into the pitcher)
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- Place the sliced peaches into a pitcher.
- Pit the cherries and place the cherries into the pitcher too. You can also slice the cherries in half if you want after they’re pitted!
- Add the rosé to the pitcher along with the vodka or peach juice and stir to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Right before serving add the soda and stir. I used a diet lemon-lime soda, but feel free to use whatever kind you want.
- Pour into glasses and scoop some fruit into each glass if it doesn’t pour with the liquid.