Strawberry Basil Moscow Mules
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A couple weeks ago I made these moscow mules on my instagram stories and was playing around with the different flavors. At first I tried watermelon but I’m going to be honest…
It wasn’t quenching, you know? So Jaryd and I decided to switch it up and go for another fruit. We had some strawberries in the fridge (we always have strawberries in the fridge), muddled some up and gave them a whirl. I loved it.
It was juicy and quenching and tart in the best way. It reminded me of a jolly rancher. So I used regular vodka, but if you want to really play up the flavor, try a flavored vodka like strawberry or mint or cucumber! I think they would all be a delicious combo!
Anyway, let’s jump into the recipe!
Place the strawberries, basil, and vodka in a glass muddler or pint glass with a thick bottom. Press down and twist with your muddler. Once the strawberries are broken up, grab your strainer.
Fill your mug up with ice. I like using crushed ice, but whatever you have works! Stain the muddled strawberry vodka into the mug over the ice. Squeeze lime juice into the mug as well. Finish it off with the ginger beer. Stir and garnish with strawberry! Cheers!
Hydrate this summer with these deliciously refreshing Strawberry Basil Moscow Mules! They’re so simple to mix up and perfect for summertime sipping!
- 1/4 cup strawberries, coarsely sliced
- 2 leaves basil
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 oz)
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- crushed ice to fill your mug
- Place the strawberries, basil, and vodka in a glass muddler or pint glass with a thick bottom.
- Press down and twist with your muddler.
- Once the strawberries are broken up, grab your strainer.
- Fill your mug up with ice. I like using crushed ice, but whatever you have works!
- Stain the muddled strawberry vodka into the mug over the ice.
- Squeeze lime juice into the mug as well.
- Finish it off with the ginger beer.
- Stir and garnish with strawberry!
Keywords: moscow mules, moscow mules recipe, moscow mules drink, fruity moscow mules, strawberry moscow mules, strawberry basil moscow mules, how to make moscow mules, different types of moscow mules, sugar free moscow mule, sugar free cocktail, sugar free cocktails recipe, healthy cocktails, healthy vodka cocktails, healthy summer cocktails, healthy moscow mules, easy cocktails, easy vodka cocktails, easy summer cocktails, easy fruity cocktails, easy moscow mule, easy moscow mule drink recipe, easy strawberry moscow mule,