I have a newfound love for my slow cooker.
When I was brainstorming Thanksgiving recipe ideas, I thought a set it and forget it crockpot side dish was a MUST.
Sometimes getting the turkey on the table, the pie perfectly baked, and the cranberry sauce sorted is a lot to think about.
So, I thought it would be fun to make a side dish that you can prep ahead of time and forget about until that sweet cinnamon scent fills your house with the perfect Thanksgiving spirit.
Ok, while I’m on the topic, I need to tell you that this dish makes the most deliciously autumn smell. I was LOVING it as it got stronger and stronger each hour as it cooked.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Sweet Cinnamon Glazed Carrots:
- carrots (I use long carrots, cut in smaller pieces, but feel free to use baby carrots if you prefer)
- unsalted butter
- agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- coconut sugar
- ground cinnamon
How to make Sweet Cinnamon Glazed Carrots:
It couldn’t be more simple!
Place the baby carrots, water, butter, agave nectar, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt in your slow cooker. Use a spoon to mix everything together to coat it. Place the lid on and set it on high for 3 hours.
After the time is up, give it another mix and enjoy!!
If you feel like the glaze is a bit liquid-y, take the lid off and continue to let it cook on high for another 10 – 20 minutes until the glaze thickens.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Apple BBQ Pork
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs
- Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- Apple BBQ Chicken
- Jackfruit Stew + Celery Root Mash
More Thanksgiving Sides:
- sweet balsamic brussels
- homemade cranberry sauce
- smashed sweet potatoes with garlic beet aioli
- healthier green bean casserole
- 24 oz (1.5 lbs) carrots, peeled and cut in 1 – 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons salt
- a couple leaves of sage, for garnish
- Peel and cut your carrots. I cut mine in 1 – 2 inch pieces and made my slices on a diagonal.
- Place the carrots, butter, agave nectar, coconut sugar, water, garlic, cinnamon, and salt in your slow cooker.
- Use a spoon to mix everything together to coat it.
- Place the lid on and set it on high for 3 hours.
- After the time is up, give it another mix to coat the carrots again.
- If you feel like the glaze is too liquid-y, leave the lid off and continue to cook on high for another 10 – 20 minutes.
- Plate the carrots and sprinkle with chopped sage.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 23.6g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg