Deliciously spiced, these slow cooker carrots glazed in a mouthwatering sweet cinnamon glaze, are the perfect easy holiday side dish!
- 24 oz (1.5 lbs) carrots, peeled and cut in 1 – 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons salt
- a couple leaves of sage, for garnish
- Peel and cut your carrots. I cut mine in 1 – 2 inch pieces and made my slices on a diagonal.
- Place the carrots, butter, agave nectar, coconut sugar, water, garlic, cinnamon, and salt in your slow cooker.
- Use a spoon to mix everything together to coat it.
- Place the lid on and set it on high for 3 hours.
- After the time is up, give it another mix to coat the carrots again.
- If you feel like the glaze is too liquid-y, leave the lid off and continue to cook on high for another 10 – 20 minutes.
- Plate the carrots and sprinkle with chopped sage.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 23.6g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: slow cooker, slow cooker recipes, slow cooker side dish, slow cooker carrots, slow cooker carrots sweet cinnamon glaze, healthier slow cooker carrots