I’m sure by now you are tired of hearing me talk about how I’m relying heavily on my kitchen gadgets. This week the slow cooker has been my BFF. I also love love love getting all the prep out of the way in the morning and having a delicious dish waiting for us when we come home from school and activities and all the things.
Well I started thinking of the holidays and I thought it would be fun to have a set it and forget it cocktail that would be fun for a party. You know, something that could be brewing in the corner while you’re buzzing around in the kitchen. Then, when guests come you can easily ladle some spiked hot cocoa into their mugs and start chatting.
Boom, we got some spiked hot cocoa in the corner ready for ya. This spiked hot chocolate is super indulgent and creamy and rich. It would also make for an amazing dessert cocktail. I love the marshmallows on top, it makes for the perfect sweet touch on top.
In college when it was winter we’d make a similar cocktail only with some peppermint alcohol that would give you a wicked hangover. I feel like this is an adult upgrade.
So let’s jump into it and make this deliciously decadent Slow Cooker Spiked Hot Chocolate!!
Place the milk, cream, Bailey’s, agave nectar, cocoa powder, chocolate, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in your slow cooker. Give the contents a stir. Place the lid on the crock pot and set it to low for 4 – 6 hours.
Whisk the cocoa for about 1 minutes before and ladling the cocoa into mugs. Top with marshmallows and enjoy!!
Want to take it up a notch? Add a couple drops of peppermint oil for a candy cane vibe!
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish cream liquor
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- marshmallows for serving
- Place the milk, cream, Bailey’s, agave nectar, cocoa powder, chocolate, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in your slow cooker.
- Give the contents a stir.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and set it to low for 4 – 6 hours.
- Whisk the cocoa for about 1 minutes before and ladling the cocoa into mugs.
- Top with marshmallows and enjoy!!
- Want to take it up a notch? Add a couple drops of peppermint oil for a candy cane vibe!