You’ll love this easy weeknight dinner recipe for Salmon + Zoodles with Thai Pesto!! It comes together in 20 minutes! It’s low carb, gluten free + paleo!
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized blade C
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for sautéing the zoodles
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 0 – 2 serrano peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped*
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- First thing you want to do is zoodle your zucchini. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can also cut it in chunks or julienne it.
- Place the zoodles in a strainer lined with a clean dish cloth or paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let them sit for about 10 minutes in the sink.
- While the zoodles are draining, prepare your fish.
- Place the salmon on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes, until no longer translucent in the center.
- While the fish is cooking, place all the pesto ingredients in the food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and process once more until the pesto is chunky-ish but combined.
- When the zoodles are done draining, pat dry with the towel or paper towel.
- Place the zoodles in a pan with some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- After about 2 minutes, scoop 2/3 of the pesto in and use tongs to toss until well coated.
- Make a bed of zoodles on each plate. Place a piece of salmon on top of the zoodles.
- Top with a dollop of the remaining pesto.
- Sprinkle with any additional chopped cashews or herbs.
*Use 0-2 chilies depending on how spicy you like it!
Serving (1 slice): Calories 453; Fat 30.2g (Sat 5.2g); Protein 29.3g; Carb 22.1g (net carb 18.7g); Fiber 3.4g; Sodium 986mg