Paleo + Gluten Free Brownie Bites
So I might be a bit of a dessert snob. Brownies have to be fudgey, cookies have to be gooey, and cakes have to have a heck of a lot of icing. I like what I like. Aaaand I like chocolate.
Don’t get me wrong, I still eat them even if they aren’t up to my standards. So maybe I’m less a dessert snob and more of a dessert… Whatever, women’s rights, do your thang, ain’t no shame!! I’m just particular about what kind of desserts get my stamp of approval, but I don’t discriminate. I don’t think I’ve ever turned down a dessert.
In my past life (aka my teenage years) I was obsessed with TGIFriday’s brownie sundaes. Holy goodness, they are delish. I’m talking like barely cooked, gooey brownie amazingness. With ice cream on top. For me, those were the gold standard brownies that I compared everything to. Then I made these and was like “TGIWho?”
I was in the kitchen and wanted to make something chocolatey and fun and obviously seriously delicious, so I started putting some ingredients in my food processor. This is the easiest and most delicious dessert. I really only ever want to eat this for desserts from now until
the end of time I come up with the next thing I’m obsessing over.
Like, I’m eating one right now and dying a little bit with every chocolatey bite.
Here’s how you make Paleo + Gluten Free Brownie Bites:
Process until everything is combined and begins to ball up, about 30 seconds. Use your spatula to chop up the ball and scrape down the sides. Add the almonds and process again for about 30 seconds until the almonds are chopped but still chunky.
With your hands, form ping pong sized balls and place in a container. Store in the fridge until ready to eat!Print
Really fun and delicious Paleo + Gluten Free Brownie Bites that are packed with protein + amazing for that afternoon hanger! Perfect snack to pack!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (cocoa powder works!)
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- Place almond flour, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and cacao powder in a food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds until everything is combined.
- Add the agave, and almond butter.
- Process until everything is combined and begins to ball up, about 30 seconds.
- Use your spatula to chop up the ball and scrape down the sides.
- Add the almonds and process again for about 30 seconds until the almonds are chopped but still chunky.
- With your hands, form ping pong sized balls and place in a container.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat!
Serving (1 ball): Calories 245; Fat 20g (Sat 1.9g); Protein 10g; Carb 9.8g (net carb 4.7g); Fiber 5.1g; Sodium 25mg
So now get your booty in the kitchen and make a batch. And then make another batch because the first won’t last long. Enjoy!! xo
Want to save this for later? I made you this fun Pinterest image 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for supporting The Toasted Pine Nut!! xo