No Bake Fudge Brownies
This was quite the day. My youngest son is 6 months and was up for an hour last night crying 🙁 I can only guess he’s teething (pretty much what I say anytime I have no idea what his deal is), but this has been a pattern for the last week.
I’m hoping it stops soon because boy oh boy is this exhausting. We ended up sleeping in this morning until 8:30. Yes, that is sleeping in for me. Normally I would welcome everyone sleeping in, but it kind of ruined our plans for the morning and everyone was just off for the rest of the day. UGH. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Maybe we can alllll push the reset button. Anyway, I decided we needed a bit of a treat to get us through the rest of the week (or day, whatevs).
Chocolate. Me. Need. Chocolate.
HOLY MOLY. GET THE MILK!! This is the best, fudgey-est, sweet/salty combo I have ever created. I mean it. I don’t mess with chocolate. I certainly don’t settle for sub-par brownies. This is fudgey, man. AND it satisfies any chocolate craving. Coming from me, that’s saying a lot.
THESE ARE LOW CARB, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE AND PALEO PEOPLE! Ah, sorry for shouting. I just sooo excited!! Talk about guilt-free dessert! Satisfy my chocolate craving and I don’t even have to feel guilty about it?! Yes, please!!
The other great thing about this recipe is there is no baking required. I LOVE no bake desserts and these are definitely a favorite. Double decker chocolate? mmmyep!
Here’s how you make these amazing Fudge Brownies with Sea Salt:
First, mix together your ground flax and water and set aside.
Place the almond flour and hemp seeds in the food processor and process until they are chopped and combined.
Then add the cocoa powder, agave, vanilla, sea salt and flax egg. The way the flax egg pours into the bowl should resemble egg-like consistency. Process everything together, taking a break to scrape down the sides of the food processor with your spatula and processing again. The batter will be super sticky.
Line a pan with parchment paper. This is kind of a must because it makes the brownies so much easier to pull out of the pan once they are ready. Transfer the batter to a pan.
Dampen your hands and press the mixture into the pan with your fingers or knuckles. It’s easier to press down if your hands are damp. Once the batter is evenly spread in the pan, pop it in the freezer while you make the icing.
For the icing, you want the coconut oil to be melted. Coconut oil is temperamental because in the summertime it is always “oil” and ready to go. In colder weather, however, it resembles more of a solid and needs some encouragement. Coconut oil seems to mirror my seasonal moods.
Pour the icing on top of the brownies. Sprinkle sea salt on top of the icing. This is mandatory and you will thank me for this.
I had some mini chocolate chips so I threw them on top as well. Turns out I may have put the pan a bit slanted in the freezer because all the chips ended up on one (MY) side 🙂
Stick the brownies in the freezer so the icing hardens. When you’re ready to eat, pull the brownies out of the pan by holding the parchment paper. Such an easy trick! Then peel the parchment paper away and cut the brownies. Makes about 8 servings!Print
Intensely fudgey no bake gluten free and vegan brownies that you will OBSESS over! They’re so chocolatey and delish, you need to try this recipe!!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together the ground flax and the water. Set aside.
- Put almond flour and hemp seeds in the food processor. Process for 30 seconds until chopped and combined.
- Add cocoa powder, agave, vanilla, salt, and flax mixture. Process until combined. The batter will be really sticky.
- Scrape the sides down and process again.
- Place batter into bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly dampen your hands and press down with your hands or knuckles until it is evenly distributed.
- Place in the freezer while you make the icing.
- Melt coconut oil and whisk in cocoa powder, and agave until smooth.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and pour the icing on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and chocolate chips.
- Freeze or refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- Remove the brownies from the pan by pulling the parchment paper.
- Peel back the parchment paper and cut the brownies into 8 squares.
Store in fridge.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Get your milk (or almond milk!) ready and go to town on those bad boys! Enjoy! xo