Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
I have a rib injury. Well, it’s technically not my rib. It’s this thing called costochondritis and Jaryd diagnosed me. Basically I had this really aggressive cough and next thing I know my left rib was unbearably painful.
It was a sharp pain for a day or so and then became more dull. It’s more of a nuisance that makes laying in certain positions uncomfortable, makes me more tentative with certain exercises at the gym, and makes sneezing the scariest thing ever. But, besides that I can generally go about my day no big deal.
Since costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the rib to the breastbone, Jaryd said, “hey why don’t you make yourself a turmeric latte.” I kinda loved the idea because he was speaking my language.
Drink a yummy drink, doctor’s orders? Done. Turmeric is a really fun ingredient to add to your diet because it helps reduce inflammation in the body, among other things. Google it.
So every night, my routine has been making a golden milk turmeric latte, curling up on the couch with my cozy mug and binge watching trashy tv. Has it helped my costochondritis? Not sure. But, I have a newfound love for Golden Milk Turmeric Lattes and I’m pretty sure you will too. If you haven’t tried one yet, definitely whisk one up and give it a try,
In a pot, over medium heat, whisk together the non-dairy milk, vanilla (if you’re using original flavored or plain flavored milk), turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, sea salt. Whisk frequently for about three minutes until combined, bubbly, and warmed.
Pour into mugs and sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon (optional but fun).
Love this cozy, sugar free Golden Milk Turmeric Latte!! It’s the perfect whole30 and dairy free treat to sip and snuggle up on the couch with.
- 2 cups vanilla milk (plant protein milk, unsweetened vanilla almond milk or another nut milk, coconut milk, or regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (if the milk you’re using isn’t vanilla flavored)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (1/8 teaspoon if you like it less spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a pot, over medium heat, whisk together the non-dairy milk, vanilla (if you’re using original flavored or plain flavored milk), turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, sea salt.
- Whisk frequently for about three minutes until combined, bubbly, and hot.
- Pour into mugs and sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.