Chocolate coconut candies are perfect to prep ahead and have stashed in your freezer whenever your sweet tooth strikes!
If you haven’t picked up on this yet, let me spell it out. I L-I-K-E chocolate. Chocolate everyday is a must in my opinion!
I love a dessert even more if you don’t have to turn on your oven and you can just mix a bunch of things in a bowl and be handsomely rewarded for it later.
If you love baking you have to check out my post of 50+ Gluten Free Dessert Recipes! You’ll find tons of goodies like these Chocolate Quinoa Crisps, Healthy Homemade Snickers Bars and these 10-Min Crunchy Chocolate Almond Butter Cups.
Why You’ll Love these Homemade Chocolate Candies
- You make them yourself in 10 quick minutes.
- They are adorably heart shaped but you can use any shape mold you have for any occasion.
- They’re deliciously rich and dark in a way that gives your sweet tooth a big ol’ hug 🙂
- The flakey salt is not mandatory but highly recommended because the sweet and salty reminds me a lot of chocolate covered pretzels!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- coconut oil
- almond butter
- vanilla extract
- agave nectar
- unsweetened cocoa
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- flakey salt for sprinkling
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Heart Candies:
In a bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extra, sea salt, and agave.
Add the shredded coconut and cocoa to the bowl.
Whisk that baby up.
Spoon the batter into your molds and sprinkle the remaining sea salt on top of each heart. Like I said, MANDATORY step!!
Also, I highly recommend silicone pans for these because then they just pop right out. This was my first time ever using silicone and it was the best. I got these on Amazon, but I’ve definitely seen similar ones at IKEA or I’m sure Target has something that would work!
Pop these in the freezer for at least an hour. If you are using a silicone mold, you may want to place the mold on a hard surface such as a cutting board or in a metal sheet pan before putting them in the freezer. This will help keep everything flat.
Keep them in the freezer for at least and hour and the’ll just pop right out of the mold!
Store them in the fridge!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt for sprinkling pre-freezing
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla, sea salt, and agave nectar.
- Then, add the cocoa and shredded coconut.
- Whisk until combined.
- Spoon the batter into heart shaped molds.
- Sprinkle the remaining sea salt on top of the hearts.
- Place the molds in your freezer for an hour and then transfer to the fridge.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g