Cheesy Almond Flour Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Gluten Free Almond Flour Biscuits
I love me a good biscuit! Nothing says cozy comfort food quite like hearty, carby, bready goodness.
Today I’m sharing my new favorite biscuit recipe. They’re no fuss, insanely easy to make, and although they feel like your favorite carby comfort food, they’re actually keto and naturally gluten free.
They are buttery, flakey, cheesy and amazing! Typically almond flour biscuits are dry and crumbly but I am thrilled to report these cheesy almond flour biscuits are amazingly soft, moist, and delicious.
Almond Flour Biscuit Recipe Ingredients:
Butter. Because we want those buttery soft biscuits. If you can’t do butter, sub in your favorite vegan butter!
Cheddar Cheese. Bahh I love how cheesy these biscuits are! I used cheddar cheese but you can definitely customize it to your own liking. Try Parmesan cheese, or Gruyere. You want a cheese that’s shredded, melty, and adds some flavor to the biscuits!
Eggs. Binds these biscuits together. If you cant do eggs, I suggest using vegan eggs or flax eggs.
Almond Flour. Will give the biscuits a beautiful color and some structure!
Garlic. Need that garlic.
Paprika. Adds some depth ad smokiness to them. It’s definitely not necessary for the recipe but it’s tasty.
Baking Powder. Adds some fluffiness to our biscuits!
Salt. Always need a little salt.
How to make keto biscuits:
Melt. Melt the butter and cheddar cheese together and stir together until combined.
Fold. Fold in the eggs, almond flour, garlic, paprika, baking powder, and salt until combined.
Scoop. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to tuck in any loose edges and form a cylinder.
Bake. You can brush the tops with melted butter (optional but adds some extra oomph) and bake.
Recipe variations for keto cheddar biscuits:
I love this recipe because not only is a simple but super versatile! Think of them as a jumping off point to customize depending on what meal you’re having!
Feta & sun-dried tomatoes. Melt the feta with the butter instead of the cheddar. Chop some sun-dried tomatoes and fold it into the batter. Serve with some EVOO an balsamic vinegar for dipping!
Parmesan & Italian seasoning. Melt the Parmesan with the butter and fold in the Italian seasoning. Serve with marinara for dipping!
Gruyere & bacon bits. Melt the Gruyere with the butter and fold in cooked and chopped bacon bits. Serve in the morning with your eggs!
Storing and Freezing these Low Carb Biscuits:
Keep them out in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. Then, transfer them in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
You can freeze them for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.
What to serve these with:
- Butternut Squash Black Bean Sausage Chili
- Fire Roasted Shakshuka + Prosciutto
- Instant Pot Moroccan Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew
Buttery, soft, moist, and delicious, these Cheesy Almond Flour Biscuits are low carb, keto and gluten free! Easy to make and 2g net carbs!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter and cheese to a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 20 seconds – 1 minute until melted.
- Stir together. The butter and cheese mixture won’t completely come together, but give it a mix.
- Add the eggs, almond flour, garlic, baking powder, salt, and paprika to the bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the ingredients together to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the dough onto the parchment paper.
- It should maintain the shape of the measuring cup for the most part, but use your fingers to tuck in the sides and form a cylinder biscuit shape as needed.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small bowl. Brush the melted butter on the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tops are slightly golden.
- Sprinkle with any salt or seasoning you want.
- Enjoy warm.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 393mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 11.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
Keywords: almond flour biscuit, almond flour biscuits, gluten free biscuit, gluten free biscuit recipe, gluten free drop biscuits, best gluten free biscuit, gluten free cheddar biscuits, keto biscuit, keto biscuits, keto biscuit recipe, keto cheddar biscuits, keto cheese biscuits, biscuit keto, low carb biscuit recipe, recipe for keto biscuits,