You guys!! I’ve spent sooo much time thinking about, dreaming about, experimenting, making, and eating chocolate chip cookies. I’ve been wanting that chewy, moist, pull apart, can’t get enough, eat ’em until they’re gone cookie.
I’ve made these chocolate chip cookies before. But, some of you have had trouble getting them right and from what I gather, it seems like the recipe is super sensitive to heat and humidity.
Welp, I’ve solved our problems and made a NEW chocolate chip cookie recipe that is hands down, my favorite cookie recipe ever. I’m talking, of all the cookies I’ve tried in my lifetime, THIS RECIPE, this lower carb and gluten free recipe is my fave. Bam. I said it. It’s a ballsy statement, but I said it. Hands down, you guys, this is my favorite cookie recipe eva eva!!
I need you guys to try it. I seriously want to make a batch every week because dayyyuum, it’s that good. Plus I have some high hopes for cookie cake, cookie pizza, cookie bowls, um basically everything will be made from this cookie dough base from here on out. It’s SO GOOD, you guys!!
I know I’ve been on a dessert bender, but there are some seriously delicious savory meals coming your way and, as always, if you have any recipes (specific or general) that you want to see on the blog, don’t hesitate to holla at me.
Here’s the key to this recipe. I used cashew flour. Cashew flour is my new obsession (as you may have noticed) and I love how creamy and buttery it is! You can grab some now HERE!
Mix together the butter, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Add the egg and continue to mix until completely creamed together. I used a food processor, but you can also use a handheld mixer or a standing mixer!
Preheat the oven and scoop the batter out onto a lined baking sheet. I just got a brand new cookie dough scooper which is basically a small ice cream scooper. I lovvvve it. But, if you want giant cookies, by all means use an ice cream scooper!
- 1/2 cup salted grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup cashew flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix together the butter, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
- Add the egg and continue to mix until completed creamed together. I used a food processor, but you can also use a handheld mixer or a standing mixer!
- Add in the cashew flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Process again until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop the batter out onto a lined baking sheet. I just got a brand new cookie dough scooper but spoons work too!
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand for a couple minutes on the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serving: Calories 99; Fat 7.4g (Sat 4g); Protein 1.1g; Carb 8.1g (net carb 7.8g); Fiber 0.3g; Sodium 217mg
The above links are affiliate links. Thanks so much for supporting The Toasted Pine Nut!! xo