Dudes, my little boy is turning three next week. I mean, THREE! Just like that! These were the shortest three years of my life. It’s funny how I have no recollection of my life pre-babies except for some vague memories of showering, brunching, spontaneity, free time, and sleep. We’re having a party for his little buddies from the neighborhood and school. Right now my house is swimming in dinosaur goodies and I’m nerding out with some adorable DIYs. I have some mommy posts forming in my head, so keep a look out for those. Or don’t, if you’re not into that kind of thing. Anywho…
Salmon is a weekly occurrence in our house. Typically we just throw some olive oil, salt, and pepper on it and call it a day. If I’m feeling a wee bit more ambitious, I try for this or this, but I’m always on the hunt for a fun new way to cook it. Well well well, what could be better than this. Garlic? Check. Sriracha? Check. Lemon. Yes ma’am! Oh, and just 5 minute prep and then sit on my fine booty while it bakes. No big deal, call me Martha (insert favorite word) Stewart. I rock.
But seriously. Hot sauce has been kinda my jam in recent months. I never really went for it before, but lately I’ve been throwing it on everything. So, why not salmon?! I came across an inspiring recipe on pinterest (linked below), I jacked up the garlic, I added some lemon, and bam, we have ourselves a winner. This, my friends, is what I call awesome. and tasty. and delicious. and I plan on repeating this dinner over and over until I’m sick of it. So, I guess what I’m saying is you should give it a whirl. Really, it’s so simple.
So! Here’s what you do:
Pour the hot sauce mixture on top and brush until coated. Pace a few lemon slices on top and some fresh herbs.
Fold the parchment paper around the fish until completely covered and enclosed.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and no longer translucent.
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1.5 tablespoons Sriracha (or favorite hot sauce)
- 3 - 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- handful of fresh herbs, I used sage but rosemary would be great
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk together the hot sauce, garlic, and avocado oil.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture on top and brush until coated.
- Pace a few lemon slices on top and some fresh herbs.
- Fold the parchment paper around the fish until completely covered and enclosed.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and no longer translucent.
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!
Post contains affiliate links. Thank so much for supporting The Toasted Pine Nut!!