Roses are red, violets are blue, salmon is delicious, and garlic is too. I wanted to do a fun spin for another great date night dinner for Valentine’s Day. Roses. A lot of women will probably be handed a beautiful bouquet of roses come this Saturday. Roses are niiiice, BUT garlic and rosemary salmon is the way to her heart 😉
It’s so incredibly flavorful, I love the garlic and the fiery flakes. This is probably my new favorite salmon recipe which I will proceed to make every single time we have salmon until we get sick of it. Buuuut, that’s just how I roll.
So, picture this: A beautiful bouquet of rose on the table in front of you, rose scented candles, a glass of rosé in front of you, oh and rosemary salmon, of course! Prettayy romantic donchathink?
Simple, easy recipes are always the best. You know, the ones with just a handful of ingredients? The main thing I love about this meal, is that it can be a special occasion treat, or a weekday dinner. It doesn’t require any crazy ingredients, it takes relatively short amount of time to prep, and it makes you feel like you made something really special and delicious for yourself. It’s a step up from my usual salt, pepper, and olive oil salmon so it gives you the little fancy feeling.
So here’s how you make Rosemary Garlic Roasted Salmon with Asparagus:
Chop the rosemary and garlic.
Place the salmon on a lined baking pan and brush the top of the salmon with extra virgin olive oil.
Pat the rosemary and garlic mixture onto the top of the salmon until coated. Sprinkle the top with sea salt and red pepper flakes.
Cut the ends off the asparagus and add them to the pan. I love meals that only require one pan! Easy clean up!
Brush the asparagus with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the middle of the fish is no longer translucent.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoons rosemary, chopped (about 2 small sprigs)
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small bunch asparagus
- extra virgin olive oil for asparagus
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush salmon with olive oil.
- Combine the chopped garlic and rosemary and pat it on the top of the salmon.
- Sprinkle the salmon with sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- Add asparagus to the pan in a single layer.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until middle of the salmon is no longer translucent.
- Serving Size: 2