SunButter Cauliflower Poppers
The cauliflower addiction is real, my friends!! I love how versatile it is and that it can go from anything from a pizza crust to a smoothie. I’m not going to lie. Cauliflower had a rough start in life. There was only a few different ways to make it and nobody really looooved it. But then!!
Then there was this influx of new ways to eat cauliflower and my life was forever changed. Not dramatic at all – I truly mean it. Cauliflower is AWESOME in at least a hundred different ways and today I’m going to show you one really killer way to eat cauliflower 😉
So many people have food intolerances or allergies, and I love to find products that can work into everyone’s life. GUYS! I remember SunButter from my childhood and opening up a jar of it recently took me back to those moments.
I remember savoring the flavor and feeling like it was such a fun and unique treat. Since SunButter is tree-nut free, I wanted to make a recipe that can hold true to the tree-nut free tradition.
I wish you could taste these through the computer, because, it is SO mouthwateringly (word?) good. Without further adieu, let’s make some SunButter Cauliflower Poppers!!
Whisk one egg in a bowl and place ¼ cup of cassava flour on a plate. Coat a few cauliflower florets with egg and then toss with cassava flour. Spread them out in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
Continue this process until all the cauliflower is coated in egg and then coconut flour. Whisk another egg in the bowl and add more cassava flour as needed. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, broil for about 2 minutes if you want them to brown up some more.
While they’re baking, whisk together the tamari, SunButter, agave nectar, and sesame oil. I used tamari to keep the recipe gluten free, but soy sauce works too!
When the cauliflower is done, place it in a strainer and give it a quick shake over the sink to discard any excess cassava flour.
Pour the SunButter mixture over the cauli. Toss everything to completely coat the cauliflower. Top with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.Print
It’s you’re looking for a gluten free and low carb recipe that also happens to be insanely delicious, these SunButter Cauliflower Poppers do not disappoint!
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut in florets
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 4 ½ tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 4 ½ tablespoons SunButter no sugar added
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk one egg in a bowl.
- Place ¼ cup of cassava flour on a plate.
- Coat a few cauliflower florets with egg and then toss with coconut flour.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Continue this process until all the cauliflower is coated in egg and then cassava flour. Whisk another egg in the bowl and add more cassava flour as needed.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, broil for about 2 minutes if you want them to brown up some more.
- While they’re baking, whisk together the tamari, SunButter, agave nectar, and sesame oil.
- When the cauliflower is done, place it in a strainer and give it a quick shake over the sink to discard any excess cassava flour.
- Pour the SunButter mixture over the cauli and toss everything to completely coat.
- Top with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: cauliflower poppers, cauliflower poppers kosher, cauliflower poppers vegan, cauliflower poppers recipes, gluten free cauliflower poppers, vegetarian poppers, baked cauliflower poppers, baked cauliflower poppers recipe, roasted cauliflower poppers, baked breaded cauliflower poppers, best cauliflower poppers recipe, breaded cauliflower poppers, cauliflower poppers keto, cauliflower poppers paleo, cauliflower poppers with sauce, low carb cauliflower poppers, paleo baked cauliflower poppers, vegan recipes cauliflower poppers, roasted cauliflower poppers recipe
Thank you so much to Sunbutter for sponsoring this post! I feel so lucky to work with my favorite brands and share them with you! Thank you for supporting The Toasted Pine Nut!! xo