Cauliflower tabbouleh is going to be your new favorite vegetarian side dish! This is the perfect whole30, gluten free, vegan side dish – delicious for anyone regardless of dietary needs!
I’ve seen tabbouleh around and have always wanted to try it. I love easy and light vegetarian dishes that can serve for weeknight meals, or a meal prep type of thing.
Cauliflower Power Cookbook
Love cooking? Grab my cookbook Cauliflower Power! It has 75 feel-good gluten free recipes all using Cauliflower!
The problem is tabbouleh is traditionally made with Bulgur which is wheat and not the best for our dietary needs. Solution? CAULI! Cauliflower seems to be my go to solution, I don’t think it gets the credit it deserves!
Cauliflower asparagus tabbouleh is a perfect summer dish. I LOVE the blend of flavors, and the lemon is such a nice, light touch.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic cloves
- grape tomatoes
- flat leaf parsley
- lemon juice
How to make cauliflower tabbouleh
First, toss the asparagus with the olive oil and sea salt. Place them on a lined baking pan and roast for 15 minutes.
While the asparagus is cooking, coarsely cut your cauliflower into florets.
Put it through your food processor with the shredding attachment. This will rice your cauli!
Place the cauliflower in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the heat to low and keep it on the heat until the asparagus is ready.
Rinse out your food processor. Remove the asparagus from the pan when they’re done roasting and place them in the food processor with the regular blade.
Add 2 garlic cloves and sea salt. Process until finely chopped.
Add the asparagus to a large bowl along with the halved grape tomatoes, parsley, scallions, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then, add the cauli and mix everything together in the large bowl. Transfer everything into a serving bowl and dig in!!
More cauliflower recipes to try
- Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower
- 10+ Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi with Caramelized Onions and Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Low Carb Cauliflower Flatbread
- Low Carb Cauliflower Falafel
Cauliflower Asparagus Tabbouleh
Cauliflower Tabbouleh is a grain free spin on the traditional Middle Eastern salad. It’s so fresh and light, gluten free and whole30!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the asparagus with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Place them in a single layer on a lined baking pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, coarsely cut your cauliflower florets.
- Put the florets it through your food processor with the shredding attachment to make cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat to low and continue to keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Rinse out your food processor. Remove the asparagus from the pan when they’re done roasting and place them in the food processor with the regular blade.
- Add 2 garlic cloves and remaining salt to the asparagus. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the asparagus to a large bowl with the cooked cauliflower rice.
- Add the halved grape tomatoes, parsley, scallions, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Mix everything in the large bowl.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and dig in!!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe