Low Carb Cauliflower Flatbread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What? You thought that just because I wrote a whole cookbook about cauliflower that I would ease up on the cauliflower recipes? Er, wrong!
This is based on the naan recipe I have in my book, but I thought, what if I make a really delicious flatbread out of it! You know, like a very large flatbread that can double as a pizza or whatever you want!
This cauliflower flatbread is great because it’s the perfect base for piling on the toppings. The texture is perfect. I feel like a lot of cauliflower pizza crusts or flatbreads crumble when you pick them up, but this cauliflower flatbread recipe makes for slices that you can easily pick up and bend.
Whether you’re on the hunt for an easy flatbread recipe, or specifically a homemade, gluten free flatbread, this low carb flatbread is made with almond flour, arrowroot flour, and checks all the boxes!
I’m topping this with some golden brown zucchini coins, some creamy burrata, but toppings for this flatbread are endless!
Flatbread topping combos:
- traditional marinara and mozzarella, add pepperoni if you like!
- pear, brie, honey
- spinach, gorgonzola, and artichokes
- bbq chicken, red onion, and cilantro
- peach, ricotta, basil, and balsamic
- goat cheese, caramelized onion, and basil
- bacon, ranch, and pepper jack cheese
Other cauliflower recipes you may like:
- cauliflower falafel
- blackened tilapia with cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- mediterranean cauliflower chickpea salad
- slow cooker cheddar cauliflower soup
- turmeric cauliflower rice
- my cookbook Cauliflower Power
7 Ingredient Flatbread Dough:
- cauliflower: this is going to serve as the base and the main “wet” ingredient. It’s also a really sneaky way to add more vegetables into your family’s dinner. No, you cannot taste it.
- egg: only 1!
- garlic: we’re using 2 cloves for the base. If you want to eat the flatbread plain or serve it cut up in your bread basket, mix some more minced garlic with butter or oil and brush the top of the flatbread to add some extra pizazz.
- blanched almond flour: you know I love blanched almond flour because the color has a great pastry color and it’s super fine.
- arrowroot flour: I truly believe this is what makes the flatbread and gives it that bend-able, hold-able texture. You can order arrowroot flour on amazon!
- salt: brings out flavor.
- olive oil: for drizzling on the flatbread before you bake it to make sure it stays moist and the edges crisp up 🙂
This gluten free, low carb cauliflower flatbread has the PERFECT texture. You can hold and bend it without it breaking, & its made with only 7 ingredients!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 4 oz balls burrata
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the cauliflower florets. Boil for 5 minutes until fork tender, then drain.
- Transfer the florets to a food processor and process until the florets are finely chopped.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and add the egg and garlic. Process again.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, and salt. Process again until the ingredients are completely combined, taking breaks to scrap down the sides.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use your spatula to spread it into a oval shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the edges appear golden brown.
- While the flatbread is baking, cut the zucchini into coins and sauté over medium-high heat in a pan with the avocado oil for 5 – 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Dollop the pesto on top of the flatbread. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Add the zucchini coins on top.
- Cut the burrata balls in half or fourths and place on top.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, top with toasted pine nuts and arugula.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Can’t decide on toppings? Divide it into two smaller flatbreads and bake them next to each other on the same baking sheet. Then, top each with whatever you want!
Keywords: cauliflower flatbread, gluten free flatbread, low carb flat bread, cauliflower flatbread recipe, easy flatbread recipe, low carb flat bread, homemade flatbread, artisan flatbread