Strawberry Cream Tart
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What do you look forward most to when you have a holiday brunch? It may be the quiche, the ability to eat both breakfast AND lunch on one plate, gathering around with family (obviously). Aside from all the wonderful things to brunch on, I think every good brunch needs to be rounded out with a fun dessert.
Easter brunch is right around the corner and I thought it would be delicious to offer your guests (or bring to the celebration) a sure-to-please strawberry cream tart. Golden flakey crust, fluffy puff clouds of whipped heaven, a juicy burst of strawberry? Don’t mind if I do!
Nothing makes people smile quite like a whipped strawberry tart and I KNOW you’ll love this one! Plus, it’s incredibly easy and holds really amazing if you want to make it ahead and keep in your fridge for a few hours until you’re ready to chow down.
It’s a crowd pleaser and perfect for any spring or summer celebration. Let’s get this party started and make this tasty treat!!
Delicious low carb and gluten free strawberry cream tart perfect for any spring or summer brunch!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (for greasing the tart tin)
- 1 egg, whisked (for brushing the crust)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 30 strawberries, stems and leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the room temperature butter, egg, almond flour, and sea salt.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Grease the tart tin with coconut oil (my tin was 14″ x 5″).
- Place the crust into the tin and press it around the edges until it’s an even layer and covers the whole tin.
- Brush with the whisked egg.
- Bake the crust for 10 – 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the crust cool and come to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until it begins to get firm, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, sea salt, and agave nectar.
- Continue to whip until fluffy and whip cream consistency (another 30 seconds – 1 minute).
- Once the crust is cooled, spread the whip cream evenly throughout.
- Top with strawberries!
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
Serving: Calories 154; Fat 14.1g (Sat 7.9g); Protein 2.2g; Carb 6g (net carb 5.1g); Fiber 0.9g; Sodium 160mg