Spicy Peanut Chicken Skewers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
So the craziest thing happened to me yesterday. My child. My two year old child. Was pulling on the front door handle so hard that he pulled the damn thing off. There were construction workers on our street and obviously the windows weren’t giving him a good enough view. So he kept tugging on the door knob so he could see. He neeeeded to see.
So the door knob fell off and we were stuck inside. It’s hard to describe if you don’t really know my house. Obviously we can escape by other means, but the front door is really the best option. Soo long story short, my neighbor had to come with a key to save me and one of the construction workers kindly offered to fix my door knob.
I bought him donuts.
I’ve been super into kabobs and skewers lately. Maybe it’s the summer weather. Yes, it’s definitely the summer weather.
I’ve got that grilling bug y’all!! This pretty much happens every summer. Except this summer there is a stray cat living under our grill and we’re all kind of terrified of it, even though I occasionally feed it. Sooo we haven’t used our grill all season. Don’t judge!! And don’t tell me how horrible it is to feed stray cats. He is not reliant on me for food and is the only cat to come hang. So there.
We named him Fluffernutter.
This cat spends the whole day sleeping on my window sill and watching me cook. And then at night he lives a whole other life I don’t even know about. I wonder what he does.
But I digress. So let’s make some Spicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs!! For the record, the spicy part of this is completely optional 🙂 Aaand I used my grill pan because I didn’t want to face Fluffernutter… insert awkward laugh…
Cut your boneless skinless chicken breast into strips.
Weave the chicken striped onto the skewers. Is weave the right word? You know, skewer them back and forth.
Brush them with coconut oil and then place them on the grill over medium-high heat, flipping after two minutes.
Drizzle the cooked kabobs with the peanut sauce and top with peanuts and scallions.
aaand you’re ready to party!!
If you want an easy summer dinner or appetizer, try these delicious grilled Spicy Peanut Chicken Skewers! I can never get enough of this peanut sauce!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted for brushing
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted for sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 – 2 tablespoons agave nectar (depending how sweet you want it)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Cut your boneless skinless chicken breast into strips.
- Weave the chicken strips onto the skewers, piercing them back and forth.
- Brush the skewered chicken with coconut oil and then place them on the grill over medium-high heat, turning after two minutes.
- In a lidded container, combine the coconut oil, garlic, peanut butter, agave nectar, and hot sauce. Shake it up until everything is combined.
- Drizzle the cooked kabobs with the peanut sauce and top with peanuts and scallions.
- Serving Size: 4