Caprese Kabobs + Prosciutto
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
So memorial day weekend is right around the corner. We took some days off and are inevitably heading down the shore for some relaxing/change of scenery. If all goes according to plan, there will be a barbecue and appetizers. And drinks, and hopefully the weather will be nice and we’ll hang outside all day.
I thought mayyybe you guys might want a super easy and quick (and delicious, that goes without saying) appetizer recipe so you can be a hit at the barbecue. Ah, I know you so well 🙂
My love for prosciutto began in 2007 when I studied abroad in Italy. I never ever even heard of such a thing until I stepped foot on foreign soil. Man was I hooked. Every now and then I treat myself and buy it to throw on salads, sammies, kabobs, you name it.
If you have five minutes, then these babies can be yours!! So let’s make some Caprese Kabobs with Prosciutto!!
Cut the prosciutto slices in half.
On six or seven long skewers, alternate between spearing a mozz ball, a tomato, and a folded half of a prosciutto slice.
Each skewer will get three mozz balls, three tomatoes, and two halves a prosciutto slice.
Complete and set aside all skewers.
Plate your skewers and then drizzle on some balsamic reduction.
Then, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and chopped basil.
You’ll love these easy and delicious Caprese Kabobs with Prosciutto!! They’re so fun, flavorful, and perfect for a light and tasty party appetizer!
- 7 wooden skewers
- 21 small mozzarella balls
- 21 tri-color medley grape tomatoes
- 7 slices prosciutto
- 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half.
- On seven long skewers, alternate between spearing a mozz ball, a tomato, and a folded half of a prosciutto slice.
- Each skewer will get three mozz balls, three tomatoes, and two halves a prosciutto slice.
- Complete all skewers and set aside.
- Plate your skewers and then drizzle on some balsamic reduction, about 1/2 tablespoon per skewer.
- Then, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and chopped basil.
- Serving Size: 7
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!