Shaved Brussel Sprouts + Spicy Mustard Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I still don’t think I’ve adjusted to the time change. The whole spring forward thing has me feeling all types of sleepy. Just feeling allllll the time sleepy and off schedule and like gimme all the coffee. Plus, the babies!!
The babies hate it!! AAAND countless studies have shown there is a rise in strokes and heart attacks the week after these fall back/spring forward time adjustments. This is really a public health issue. I think I want to start a petition right here right meow. Comment below if you are AGAINST the time change.
Here! Me! I’m against it!
Ok, in the spirit of balance (I’m a Libra) I will also welcome arguments FOR the time change.
By now you must know that I love Brussels. I eat them this way and that way. Brussels are on my grocery list every week. I’m one of those people that finds something they love, eats it obsessively, and then I cut it off cold turkey when I’m sick of it.
I began getting tired of eating my Brussels the same way over and over, but I wasn’t quite ready to move on to my next obsession. So I began exploring, like a lady on a mission. Give me Brussel alternatives!! I’m not ready to say good bye! Shaved Brussels it is.
Shaved mustard Brussels, spiralized raw beets, micro arugula pine nuts, and feta with a sweet mustard vinaigrette.
Here’s how you make Shaved Spicy Mustard Brussels:
This recipe is all about how you cut the Brussels. And the mustard. The mustard is super important too (obv).
Cut off the rough stem and remove any tough outer leaves.
Then, cut the Brussels in half, lengthwise.
Flip the Brussels so the flat side is on the cutting board.
Then, take your knife and cut the Brussel lengthwise into strips.
Place in a separate bowl and continue the process for all your Brussels. This is probably the most time consuming part, but once you’re done, it comes together like whoa.
In a pan, over medium-high heat, melt your coconut oil.
Then add 1 clove minced garlic, and your shaved Brussels.
Continue to cook until the Brussels are browned. I’m always a fan of crispier Brussels, so I like them to be nice and golden.
Turn the heat down to low and add the spicy brown mustard. Stir it through until the Brussels are coated. Then remove from heat and serve!
Learn how to make shaved Brussels Sprouts! You’ll love this tasty Shaved Brussel Sprouts + Spicy Mustard Sauce recipe! Only four ingredients and so delish!
- 16 oz. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Cut off the rough stem and remove any tough outer leaves of the Brussel sprouts.
- Cut the Brussels in half, lengthwise.
- Flip the Brussels so the flat side is on the cutting board.
- Then, take your knife and cut the Brussel lengthwise into strips. Place in a separate bowl and continue the process for all your Brussels.
- In a pan, over medium-high heat, melt your coconut oil.
- Then, add 1 clove minced garlic, and your shaved Brussels.
- Continue to cook until they are browned. I was always a fan of crispier Brussels, so I like them to be nice and golden brown.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the spicy brown mustard. Stir it through until the Brussels are coated.
- Remove from heat and serve!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 139mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Want to save this for later? I made you this fun Pinterest-friendly image 🙂