I’ve been really needing some healthy snacks lately. I just want quick bites here and there that give me a little burst of energy. Little bites that aren’t too laborious or time consuming. Ones that are packed with the superfoods you know you should be eating, but for some reason are always left out of those store bought bars.
Do you ever buy bars from the store and you’re like omg, how did these even get to the point of mass production, let alone landing a spot in WholeFoods. Like, what is that?! I went to WholeFoods the other day on the way to the playground and I bought myself a cold brew and a bar (I deserve it).
It was basically eating chalk. When I think about it, I don’t even understand how or why this happened. There must be some people out there who buy chalky bars and perhaps like it, no?
Maybe I’m a bar snob. Girl’s got standards! Or maybe I just know what’s good (yep I do).
I decided to cut these into little bites because at this point of my life, I have a hard time committing to more than three bites before I get interrupted. These bites are perfect for grab and go. You hold/eat them for less than a minute. You can savor them in your mouth as you juggle the rest of you life. Where my multi-taskers at??! And when you have other spare moment you can pop another one.
I LOVE the sunflower seed taste, and that chia seed crunch!! You guys will be addicted, they’re so yummy!! They’re chewy, savory, sweet, and perfect for a mid-morning pick me up 🙂
These are super simple! Here’s how you make Seedy Sunbutter Bites:
In a food processor, process the pecans, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and sea salt until finely ground, about 1 minute.
Add the coconut oil, sunbather, and agave nectar and process again until it balls up, about 30 seconds. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and process again for another 10 seconds.
Line a bread pan with cling wrap or parchment paper.
Place the batter in the lined bread pan, and press down to pack it into the pan, but still keeping it about 1/2″ – 3/4″ thick.
Once it is packed into the pan, pop them in the freezer for a few hours. Remove them from the freezer and lift bars out of the pan by pulling the sides of the parchment paper.
Pull the parchment paper from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Peel back the parchment paper and cut the bars into 18 bite sized squares.
Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute and a half, stirring after a minute.
Once the chocolate is nice and melty, dip the bites into the chocolate, coating half of each bite.
I kept my bites on the cutting board lined with parchment paper so I could easily put them in the fridge or freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
Store these bites in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them!
Seedy Sunbutter Bites
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup no sugar added sunflower seeds butter (sunbutter)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a food processor, process the pecans, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and sea salt until finely ground, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut oil, sunbather, and agave nectar. Process again until it balls up, about 30 seconds.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and process again for another 10 seconds.
- Line a bread pan with cling wrap or parchment paper.
- Place the batter in the lined pan, and press it into the pan, about 3/4 inch thick (I only filled up half the pan so they stayed pretty thick).
- Once it is packed into the pan, pop them in the freezer for about an hour. Remove them from the freezer and cut them into 16 bite sized squares.
- Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute and a half, stirring after one minute.
- Once the chocolate is nice and drizzly, drizzle the tops of the bites. Dipping them is also a really intriguing option.
- I kept my bites on the cutting board so I could easily put the in the fridge or freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Store these bites in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them!
- Per square: Calories 138; Fat 5.4g (Sat 2.3g); Protein 3.5g; Carb 5.4g (net carb 3.1g); Fiber 2.3g; Sodium 50mg
Enjoy the crunchy sunbutter-y goodness!! xo
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe