Zucchini makes for the perfect side dish for pretty much any dinner. Whether you’re cooking up salmon or burgers, roasted zucchini is light and easy to prep and pop in the oven.
If you love zucchini, check out my roundup post of 20+ Healthy Zucchini Recipes or this roundup with 10+ Delicious Zoodle Recipes!
Ingredients for this roasted zucchini recipe
Zucchini. You already know this, right? We are making roasted zucchini, after all!
Oil. Just a little bit to get all the spices and zucchini partying together.
Spices. We’re using some smoked paprika (delicious smoky spice to this roasted zucchini), some garlic powder, and salt.
How to roast zucchini
It’s so simple! If you have zucchini, a pan and an oven, you can roast zucchini!
Cut the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in thin circles, about 1/8 inch thickness.
Toss. Place the cut zucchini in a large bowl with the oil, spices, and salt. Toss until the zucchini is coated.
Arrange. Arrange the zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Roast. Roast for 15 – 20 minutes until the zucchini is softened and golden brown.
Make the sauce. While the zucchini is roasting, place the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, garlic and salt in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
Enjoy! Plate the roasted zucchini and serve with the yogurt sauce.
Can I make this ahead?
Yes, you can. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. To be honest, I think roasted zucchini is best fresh out of the oven and so although you can make this ahead of time, I don’t recommend it.
Other ways to cut the zucchini
In this recipe, I cut my zucchini into discs or rounds. But, you can also cut them into large spears or smaller fries. Another option would be to cut the zucchini in half width-wise and then into strips.
What to serve alongside this zucchini recipe
- Vegan Zucchini Chickpea Burgers
- Vegetarian Beet Burgers
- Caramelized Onion Spinach + Feta Turkey Burgers
- Animal Style Hamburgers
- Creamy Garlic Tahini Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Roasted Zucchini + Yogurt Dill Sauce
Roasted zucchini is tossed with smoked paprika and garlic and deliciously roasted. Serve this roasted zucchini with some creamy yogurt dill sauce.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Yogurt dill sauce
- 1/2 cup whole milk or Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the zucchini in thin rounds, about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Place the cut zucchini in a large bowl with the oil, spices, and salt. Toss until the zucchini is coated.
- Arrange the zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 15 – 20 minutes until the zucchini is softened and golden brown.
- While the zucchini is roasting, place the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, garlic and salt in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Plate the roasted zucchini and serve with the yogurt sauce.
- Serving Size: about 1/4 the batch
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 615mg
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe