It’s pie season y’all!! I’m so excited for all the obligatory pies for our Thanksgiving celebrations that I’m devoting this entire week to pies. It’s PIE WEEK, PEOPLE!!
I also became aware there was a serious lacking of pies on my blog so I thought well hey, let’s make all the pies and let’s make them NOW.
Everyone has their favorite. My favorite is pecan. This chocolate ganache pie is a close second, though. I use this almond flour pie crust in all of them because it’s super simple and only four ingredients. If you’re looking to experiment with your own pie middles, that almond flour pie crust is a great base!
Ingredients to make an almond flour pie crust:
- ghee: butter also works
- agave nectar: honey or maple syrup is also a good option
- almond flour
- sea salt
How to make a pie crust with almond flour:
Press the crust into the bottom of the pie dish and up the sides. You may need to dampen your hands so it doesn’t get too sticky.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Ingredients for dairy free pumpkin pie filling:
- coconut cream
- pumpkin puree: you can also sub in a butternut squash puree or sweet potato puree
- pumpkin spice
- agave nectar: honey, maple syrup, or coconut nectar are great subs if you don’t like or have agave nectar
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil
How to make dairy free pumpkin pie filling:
Whisk together the coconut cream, pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin spice, salt, agave nectar, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. You’re welcome to add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg if you like your pumpkin pie a bit more spiced.
When the crust is done baking, slowly pour the pumpkin mixture in the center and pop it back into the oven for another 50 – 60 minutes until the center is set and the top is no longer wet looking.
Top with your favorite whip cream (I’ve heard there’s a fun coconut whip cream at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s!) or ice cream.
More delicious pumpkin recipes:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins (gluten free)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Squares
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll
- Easy Pumpkin Alfredo
- Pumpkin Seed Flour Sourdough Focaccia
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- splash vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, make the crust. Whisk or fold together the ghee, agave nectar, almond flour, egg, and sea salt.
- You may need to use damp hands so it doesn’t get too sticky.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the coconut cream, pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin spice, salt, agave nectar, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- You’re welcome to add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg if you like your pumpkin pie a bit more spiced.
- When the crust is done baking, pour the pumpkin mixture in the center.
- You can rip strips of aluminum foil to fold around the pie to prevent the crust from getting too browned while the center bakes.
- Bake it for another 50 – 60 minutes until the center is set and the top is no longer wet looking.
- Sprinkle the top with a few pinches of sea salt.
- Top with your favorite whip cream or ice cream.
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!