OK! I have my naptime latte and am ready to sit down a type a post for you peeps 🙂 Er, I need one more sip before we begin. Ok, that was more like 3 gulps, but now I’m READY!!!
Christmas is only 10 days away which means we are in it folks!! Holiday party season is upon us! Woot woot! Who doesn’t love to sip on egg nog, wear Santa hats and play all the reindeer games? Personal favorites: guess how many ornaments are on the tree, wrap this ity bity box with one hand behind your back, pretend Uncle Ryan isn’t that drunk. You know, the classics.
Finger foods are great at parties because you can try a bunch of different things and you don’t have to commit to any one dish. You can pop one, like it, go back for more (or not). Anyway, I love easy, festive recipes and these are on point.
This is a light, flavorful appetizer that adds dimension and variety to any party. Plus, I love the green and red color scheme, duh!
Without further adieu, let’s make some Mediterranean Endive Boats:
In medium bowl, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, and extra virgin olive oil.
Cut the bottom of the endive and pull apart the leaves. Mine made around big boaty leaves.
Place your leaves on the serving dish, and fill them with the chickpea mixture.
Crumble the feta on top.
Finally, top with balsamic reduction drizzle and some chopped basil.
- 1/3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 3 leaves basil, chopped
- In medium bowl, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the bottom of the endive and pull apart the leaves. Mine made around eight big boaty leaves.
- Place your leaves on the serving dish, and fill them with the chickpea mixture.
- Crumble the feta on top.
- Finally, top with balsamic reduction drizzle and some chopped basil.
- Calories: 715
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 456mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- Fiber: 25g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Hope you all enjoy!! xo