Mediterranean Eggplant Tostadas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sometimes I’m going though the fridge and I come up with a really yummy combo that I need to share with you guys. It’s like the stars align and some recipes were just meant to be. Enter: these eggplant tostadas.
The flavor combo here is puuurfection. I love these for a brunch or a party appetizer, but they’re also super easy to throw together for an easy night in. Plus, I mean, they are so fun to look at and eat, they’re a tough dish to pass up.
You guys know my love for hemp hearts, but what I recently came across completely blew my mind. Manitoba Harvest has hemp heart toppers aka deliciously flavored hemp hearts that you can put on top of EVERYTHING!! They have sweet flavors like coconut + cocoa, or cinnamon + maple. AND they have savory flavors like chipotle, onion + garlic, and onion, garlic + rosemary.
Go check them out because these add such a fun pizazz! From here on out, I’m throwing them on top of salads, smoothies, eggs, cookies and desserts, even! My head is SWARMING with ideas.
Anyway, let’s make some Mediterranean Eggplant Tostadas!
Look for a skinnier eggplant at your grocery store that doesn’t bell out too much at the bottom. Slice the eggplant and brush each side with olive oil. Place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
When the eggplant is done, place your hummus in a plastic baggie and cut off one corner (kinda like icing). You can definitely just spoon the hummus onto the eggplant too, I just found it was prettier if I swirled it out like icing 😛
Sprinkle with feta, pine nuts, onion, garlic + rosemary Hemp Heart Toppers from Manitoba Harvest, and some chopped basil.
The perfect low carb and gluten free recipe whether it’s for a party appetizer or an easy night in, you’ll love these Mediterranean Eggplant Tostadas!!
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest onion, garlic + rosemary Hemp Heart Toppers
- handful basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- Brush each side with olive oil.
- Place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- When the eggplant is done, place your hummus in a plastic baggie and cut off one corner (kinda like icing). You can definitely just spoon the hummus onto the eggplant too, I just found it was prettier if I swirled it out like icing onto each eggplant disc.
- Sprinkle with each tostada with feta, toasted pine nuts, Manitoba Harvest onion, garlic + rosemary Hemp Heart Toppers, and chopped basil.
- Look for a skinnier eggplant at your grocery store that doesn’t bell out too much at the bottom.
- Per serving: Calories 228; Fat 21.0g (Sat 3.2g); Protein 4.5g; Carb 8.8g (net carb 4.1g); Fiber 4.7g; Sodium 81mg
- Serving Size: 4
Enjoy!! Whether you’re making these for a party or just a fun date night in, they’re bound to be a hit!
Thank you so much to Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring this post! I love working with my favorite brands and couldn’t be more happy they support The Toasted Pine Nut!!