The perfect low carb and gluten free recipe whether it’s for a party appetizer or an easy night in, you’ll love these Mediterranean Eggplant Tostadas!!
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest onion, garlic + rosemary Hemp Heart Toppers
- handful basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- Brush each side with olive oil.
- Place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- When the eggplant is done, place your hummus in a plastic baggie and cut off one corner (kinda like icing). You can definitely just spoon the hummus onto the eggplant too, I just found it was prettier if I swirled it out like icing onto each eggplant disc.
- Sprinkle with each tostada with feta, toasted pine nuts, Manitoba Harvest onion, garlic + rosemary Hemp Heart Toppers, and chopped basil.
- Look for a skinnier eggplant at your grocery store that doesn’t bell out too much at the bottom.
- Per serving: Calories 228; Fat 21.0g (Sat 3.2g); Protein 4.5g; Carb 8.8g (net carb 4.1g); Fiber 4.7g; Sodium 81mg
- Serving Size: 4