Grilled Lemon Chicken + Sweet Kale Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I think one of the hardest things to do is come up with quick and easy weeknight meals. I try my best to plan out my week, but I always have a handful of dinners that seem so rushed and thrown together. When I come across tips or shortcuts that make life run a bit smoother, I’m a sign me up, shout it from the rooftop kind of gal.
So, for those crazy “did we eat dinner yet?” days, or when you simply want an easy peasy, nutritious and filling meal, I got you covered. I made a five minute meal that I literally can’t get enough of! FIVE minutes, you guys!!
I came across these Taylor Farms‘ chopped salad kits and I am in lovee. Everything is pre-cut, pre-mixed, with dressings and toppings ready to go. They are so fresh and they have a bunch of flavor combos, I can’t wait to experiment all of them. I’m pretty sure Taylor Farms is going to be the trick up my foodie sleeve indefinitely.
This chicken is probably my favorite chicken ever. I used lemon pepper seasoning to play off the lemon poppy dressing and it was such a nice sweet-spicy compliment to the delicious veggie packed salad. The Sweet Kale Chopped Salad Kit itself comes with broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, radicchio, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Not only is it PACKED with superfoods, but it’s a delicious sweet and savory combo that is hearty enough to be a filling meal.
So let me cut to the chase because I know you need the goods. Let’s make Grilled Lemon Chicken and Sweet Kale Salad:
Brush the thin cut chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil on both sides.
Liberally coat the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning on both sides.
Place the chicken breasts on a grill pan over medium high heat. Because of the thinness, they cook so quickly! Cook the first side for 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 1/2 inch strips.
In a large salad bowl, empty the two packs of Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Chopped Salad. You can either toss the dressing at this point, or keep it on the side for everyone to drizzle themselves.
Place the chicken strips on top and sprinkle with the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
This Grilled Lemon Chicken + Sweet Kale Salad is the perfect easy weeknight meal! Throw it together when you’re in a pinch, and you have a flavorful, delicious, gluten free dinner!
- 1/2 lb. thin cut chicken breasts (about three breasts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 9oz Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Chopped Salad Kit
- Brush the thin cut chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil on both sides.
- Liberally coat the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Place the chicken breasts on a grill pan over medium high heat. Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- In a large salad bowl, empty the two packs of Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Chopped Salad. You can either toss the salad with the dressing at this point, or keep it on the side for everyone to drizzle themselves.
- Place the chicken strips on top of the salad and sprinkle with the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Serving Size: 4
Thank you Taylor Farms for making awesome salad kits and sponsoring this post!!