Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Gluten free vanilla cupcakes are here!! I know, I know, you’ve been waiting for this recipe. To be honest, I can’t believe I have gone so long without getting a legit fluffy vanilla cupcake recipe on the blog, but if I’m being really truthful, I’ve avoided it.
I am a cake phanatic. Ok ok I know the word is “fanatic” with an “f” but I’m from Philly and it’s phanatic so just leave it, ok?
I ate cake every day they offered it in college. Not the best idea for my overall health in retrospect, but I felt like I needed to really give you an idea of who I am and what I stand for. I stand for really good cake, ok?!
So, having said that, I wanted to make sure I perfected a this recipe before I blasted it on the internet. And, apparently it took me 4 and a half years to gain the confidence to even give it a go.
Friends, I’m happy to report that it was well worth the wait and I am completely obsessed with this gluten free cupcake recipe. They are the perfect texture, the perfect flavor, and I just cannot wipe the smile off my face when I eat them. If you’re looking for hands down the best recipe to make for a birthday, or a bake sale, or just fun gathering, look no further, you are going to love these!!
Ingredients for these gluten free vanilla cupcakes:
- Unsalted butter. Always go for unsalted so you can control how much salt you put in these cupcakes. If you can’t do butter or don’t want to, you can also use ghee or refined coconut oil.
- Eggs. Just 3. I haven’t tested it with vegan eggs, flax eggs or any egg substitute so if you do any experimenting, let me know how it goes!
- Agave nectar. Honey, coconut nectar, or maple syrup would also be a fine sub.
- Vanilla extract. Because they’re vanilla cupcakes after all!
- Blanched almond flour. I always go for super-fine blanched almond flour because it has a better texture than an almond meal.
- Coconut flour. Adds a good vanilla flavor and cake-y texture to these cupcakes!
- Baking powder & Salt. For some baked good magic.
- Chocolate frosting. I used this chocolate frosting recipe which has been my favorite lately.
- Sprinkles. For topping (always)
How to make this gluten free cupcake recipe:
In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla. Once smooth, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
Line a cupcake tin with parchment paper liners. Use two spoons or an ice cream scooper to divide the batter between tins. Bake for 12 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Transfer to a cooling rack and wait until completely room temperature before frosting. Use this chocolate frosting recipe or top with your favorite icing or frosting!Print
If you’re looking for the most perfectly moist and fluffy Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes, look no further! This is the recipe you’re been waiting for!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, or ghee, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (honey, coconut nectar, or maple syrup works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate frosting and sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla.
- Once smooth, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Line a cupcake tin with parchment paper liners.
- Use two spoons or an ice cream scooper to divide the batter in the liners.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and wait until completely room temperature before frosting.
Keywords: gluten free cupcakes, gluten free cupcakes recipe, gluten free vanilla cupcakes, gluten free vanilla cupcakes recipe, gluten free vanilla cupcakes almond flour, gluten free vanilla cupcakes with coconut flour, gluten free vanilla sponge cupcakes, grain free vanilla cupcakes, easy vanilla cupcakes, easy homemade vanilla cupcakes, easy moist vanilla cupcakes, easy vanilla cupcakes recipe, easy gluten free vanilla cupcakes, simple vanilla cupcakes, simple moist vanilla cupcakes, simple homemade vanilla cupcakes, simple gluten free vanilla cupcakes, simple recipe for moist vanilla cupcakes, simple yummy vanilla cupcakes, healthy vanilla cupcakes, healthy gluten free vanilla cupcakes, healthy easy vanilla cupcakes, healthy moist vanilla cupcakes, healthy low sugar vanilla cupcakes, healthy coconut vanilla cupcakes