Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
I was walking through the store the other day and saw a pack of candy canes. Bahh candy cane season!! I totally forgot about youuu!! I was so hung up on gingerbread that peppermint was flying under the radar.
Well, fly high my little peppermint. I’ve got big plans for you 🙂
As I was crushing the candy canes, Nolan came casually strolling over to grab some for him and his brother. Let me tell you. Never accidentally give that kid a broken candy cane. He’ll never let you forget it.
But, alas, we found an acceptable non-broken one in the box and we continued on our donut making journey. You guys will LOVE these!! They’re so fluffy and chocolatey and have a really fun minty finish. Plus, you can add as much mintiness as you like. If you want a big punch of mint. Add it to the donut batter and the icing. Want it more subtle? Scale it back.
So let’s make some Chocolate Peppermint Donuts!!
Transfer the batter to a plastic bag and cut off a 1 inch diagonal on one corner. Thoroughly grease your donut pan. I greased mine with some butter and it worked great!Print
You’ll love these low carb + gluten free Chocolate Peppermint Donuts! They’re so delicious and have that perfect winter peppermint flavor!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- splash vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 cup lanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- splash of peppermint
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, and peppermint.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the batter to a plastic bag and cut off a 1 inch diagonal on one corner.
- Thoroughly grease your donut pan with butter.
- Squeeze the batter into the donut pan in a circular motion.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for five minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, agave nectar, cocoa powder, and splash of peppermint.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the icing and sprinkle with chopped candy canes.
Some of the links above contain affiliate links. Thanks so much for your support!! xo