You’ll love these low carb + gluten free Chocolate Peppermint Donuts! They’re so delicious and have that perfect winter peppermint flavor!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- splash vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 cup lanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- splash of peppermint
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, and peppermint.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the batter to a plastic bag and cut off a 1 inch diagonal on one corner.
- Thoroughly grease your donut pan with butter.
- Squeeze the batter into the donut pan in a circular motion.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for five minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, agave nectar, cocoa powder, and splash of peppermint.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the icing and sprinkle with chopped candy canes.