This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This cherry smoothie will make you fall in love with cherries again. It tastes like a cherry milkshake, feels so rich and decadent and uber refreshing!
Most smoothie recipes call for a frozen banana to give it a creamy, thick texture. This is a recipe for a cherry smoothie without banana and only five ingredients.
My kids loved this cherry smoothie, my husband kept asking for sips, and I was bummed when the final sip slurped. It’s a new family favorite smoothie recipe, I can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Health Benefits of Cherries:
Cherries are super rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory. They’re a great source of vitamin C and are also said to improve symptoms of arthritis and improve sleep quality.
Ingredients for this cherry smoothie recipe:
Cherries. I used frozen cherries because they’re already pitted and frozen so they give the smoothie a thick, creamy texture. But, if you want to use fresh cherries you definitely can! Just make sure to remove the stems and pits before blending!
Ice. Gives it some extra chill and thickness!
Milk. I used unsweetened oat milk, but you can use any type of milk here. Whole milk, almond milk, or coconut milk are also great options!
Sweetener. I used agave nectar but you can also use honey or maple syrup.
Vanilla. Omg, I swear this is the secret ingredient! A splash of vanilla makes you feel like you’re sipping on a sweet cherry milkshake!! It really elevates this smoothie!
How do you make a cherry smoothie?
Blend! Place all your ingredients in your blender or food processor and blend on high for about 1 minute until smooth.
Pour & Garnish. Pour the smoothie into glasses and top with your favorite garnish! I used puffed quinoa because it’s so cute and crunchy, but you can add some fresh cherries, a sprig of mint, or just leave it au naturale.
More smoothie recipes you’ll love:
- Raspberry Smoothie
- Three Green Smoothies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter + Jelly Smoothie
- 8 oz. frozen cherries
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or any milk – whole milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- puffed quinoa (optional)
- Place the cherries, ice, milk, agave, and vanilla in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie into two glasses and top with puffed quinoa or your favorite garnish.
More smoothie add-ins and variations:
- Add a handful or two of spinach or kale to increase your leafy greens!
- Add some frozen banana, frozen cauliflower, or berries to the mix.
- Add a scoop or two of yogurt to bump up the protein in your smoothie.
- Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder
- Add a tablespoon or two of nut butter
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 40g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: cherry smoothie, cherry smoothie recipe, cherry shake, frozen cherry smoothie, cherry smoothie without banana, smoothie without banana, cherry vanilla smoothie, dark cherry smoothie, cherry pie smoothie, cherry oat smoothie, cherry breakfast smoothie,