Really delicious recipe for kale pesto chicken with chickpea pasta. It’s low carb, gluten free, and perfect for meal prep or easy weeknight dinners!
Love this recipe for an easy weeknight dinner!! Make the pesto, pasta and chicken ahead for a quick, throw together meal! It’s also a really great recipe for meal prep and packing for lunches! The chickpea pasta keeps it lower carb and gluten free. Even the pickiest eaters won’t know the pesto has KALE!! Let me know what you think!
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup pistachios
- 2 cups packed kale (about 2 - 3 leaves, de-stemmed)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- salt + pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or favorite cooking oil)
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta
- ½ cup mozzarella balls, halved
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Toss the grape tomatoes with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread them out on a lined baking sheet and broil for 4 - 5 minutes, until charred and they burst.
- Place the pistachios, kale, garlic, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil in the food processor.
- Blend until completely combined, taking a break to scrape down the sides and blend again to get it completely chopped and combined.
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat and cook 4 - 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cover the skillet to keep the heat in and help the chicken cook.
- Cook the chickpea pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the kale pesto in a large bowl.
- Top with the charred tomatoes, mozzarella, sliced chicken, and chopped pistachios.
Nutritional facts do not take into account the chickpea pasta, so please check your individual packaging!