Really delicious recipe for kale pesto chicken with chickpea pasta. It’s low carb, gluten free, and perfect for meal prep or easy weeknight dinners!
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 cups packed kale (about 2 – 3 leaves, de-stemmed)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- salt + pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or favorite cooking oil)
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls, halved
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Toss the grape tomatoes with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread them out on a lined baking sheet and broil for 4 – 5 minutes, until charred and they burst.
- Place the pistachios, kale, garlic, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil in the food processor.
- Blend until completely combined, taking a break to scrape down the sides and blend again to get it completely chopped and combined.
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat and cook 4 – 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cover the skillet to keep the heat in and help the chicken cook.
- Cook the chickpea pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the kale pesto in a large bowl.
- Top with the charred tomatoes, mozzarella, sliced chicken, and chopped pistachios.
Serving: Calories 378; Fat 35.8g (Sat 5.9g); Protein 11.0g; Carb 7.9g (net carb 5.8); Fiber 2.1g; Sodium 707mg
Nutritional facts do not take into account the chickpea pasta, so please check your individual packaging!