You guys would not BELIEVE what happened to me today. It’s so nuts! I went for a quick jog into center city to run some errands and thought I would kill two birds with one stone, get a workout in as well. It was so hot and by the end of my run I was a bit parched…
So, I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts to get a bottle of water, iced coffee, and a treat for the little one who was oh so happily riding along in the stroller. Well, outside a homeless man was leaning against the railing. He was wearing long pants and so I asked him if he wanted me to get him a water. It was so hot and humid out, I felt badly for him!! He mumbled something. I made my way inside, bought what I set out to buy and got a bottle of water for him.
Well, I went out the door, handed him the bottle and as I turned to walk away, I heard something slam onto the street. Very forcefully, he threw the water bottle onto the street and began to yell at me, “I wanted a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich!!!” Are you joking? It was scary because 1) he was very aggressive and yelling at me, and 2) the strength behind his throw really shook me and I was very relieved his strength and aggression wasn’t physically directed at me.
Ugh, I walked briskly away turning back periodically to make sure he wasn’t following me. Luckily there were a handful of people around that made sure I was ok and put a decent buffer between us. Deep breath.
Anyway, when things don’t go as smoothly as you want them to, make a coffee cacao shake!! It’s the perfect pick me up! This has been my go to breakfast treat in past weeks and I really want to share it with you guys! It’s probably my favorite to date. But it also kinda tastes like dessert so maybe that’s why. Check it out:
Place all ingredients in your food processor or blender. Blend for a minute, then scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Blend again for another minute or two.
Use a handheld strainer to dust the top with cacao powder, if desired!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 6 ounces coffee (hot or cold, whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- cacao powder for sprinkling on top (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Place all ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Blend for a minute, then scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Blend again for another minute or two.
- Use a handheld strainer to dust the top with cacao powder, if desired!
- Per serving: Calories 220; Fat 12.9g (Sat 2.8g); Protein 6.3g; Carb 19.6g (net carb 16.5g); Fiber 3.1g; Sodium 93mg
What’s your treat these days? Enjoy! xo