Collard Green BLAT Wrap
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Probably my favorite sammie of all time is a BLT. I mean, my version of a BLT has evolved quite a bit since it’s initial introduction to my life. But generally, there is one consistent thread weaved through this happy sandwich story. It’s ALLLL about the spread.
A couple weekends ago I went out to lunch with my cousin and I got a wrap. Guys, there were zero condiments on the wrap and I absolutely could not consume it without a happy side of something spread-able. Ok, technically I ate half the wrap before I decided it was necessary for further consumption… but you get it.
I think you know the condiment I’ve been obsessing over lately is Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread. I’d like to say I adhere to the suggested serving size, but that ain’t me.
Because Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted is vegan friendly yet delicious to everyone, I wanted to create a sandwich that followed the same philosophy. I wanted to make a sandwich that is vegan friendly but craved, consumed, and adored by all.
And so the Vegan Collard BLAT Wrap was conceived.
I subbed traditional bacon for a spicy tofu sausage. Vegan sausage paired with the sweet potatoes really gave a nice heartiness to the wrap. The avocado offered a nice creaminess, the tomato a juicy burst, and the collard wrap a nice crunch. Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted Spread was the happy hug that tied everything together.
I’ve already made this twice, I love it that much. I know it’s going to be my new go to lunch. You guys are going to be just as obsessed as me! So without further adieu, let’s make a Vegan Collard BLAT Wrap!!
First, cut your peeled sweet potatoes into long fries. I find the long fry shape works really well because it stays in the wrap whereas a sweet potato chunk would easily fall out with each bite.
Sauté the sweet potato fries in coconut oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sweet potatoes are golden brown.
Rinse the collard greens and lay them flat. Cut off the end stem, if there is any excess beyond the end of the leaf.
Add 1 tablespoon of Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted spread onto each leaf, spreading it in the center.
Place the sweet potatoes on top.
Cook the tofu sausages as directed and then slice them down the middle. Add them on top of the sweet potato fries.
Place the sliced avocado and sliced tomatoes on top and begin to fold in the collard wrap.
My collard wraps involve a lot of tucking and folding and toothpicks. I’m super happy with how they hold together and they’re such a fun alternative to traditional wraps.
You will LOVE this Collard Green BLAT Wrap! Made with faux bacon, avocado, tomato, and vegan mayo wrapped in a collard green!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into long fries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large collard green leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted spread
- 2 links spicy tofu sausage, cooked as directed and sliced down the center
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Cut your peeled sweet potatoes into long fries.
- Sauté the sweet potato fries in coconut oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sweet potatoes are golden brown.
- Rinse the collard greens and lay them flat with the bottom side of the leaf facing you.
- Cut off the end stem, if there is any excess beyond the end of the leaf.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted spread onto each leaf, spreading it in the center.
- Place a bunch of sweet potatoes on top.
- Cook the tofu sausages as directed and then slice them down the middle. Add them on top of the sweet potato fries.
- Place the sliced avocado and sliced tomatoes on top and begin to fold the sides of the collard wrap and securing with a toothpick.
- Serving Size: 2
Let me know what you think!! Enjoy! xo
Thank you Hellmann’s for sponsoring this post!! I love working with amazing brands that support thetoastedpinenut.com!!