Last Friday I did my Instagram live and ended up adapting these blueberry breakfast cookies. I loaded them up with nuts and seeds, and mini chocolate chips and I couldn’t be more obsessed with how they turned out.
These are so crispy on the outside, fluffy and hearty on the inside. They’re borderline breakfast cookie meets muffin top meets scone. Ya feel me? They’re fun and I’ve gotten some feedback from people who watched my Instagram live, wrote down the ingredients, made them, and loved them.
They’re really filling and I love that you can customize the nuts and seeds you mix in.
When Jaryd and I went on our six week long cross-country road trip after we graduated college, we lived off trail mix. As Jaryd drove, I’d pick out the M&Ms and cashews and pop them in my mouth at the same time. Mm, pseudo chocolate covered cashews, why you be sooo good?! It was all well and good until Jaryd started noticing the M&Ms were very scarce and started giving me the side eye.
As I made these cookies I tried to think back to actual trail mix and emulate the mix of nuts, chocolate bits, and sweet dried fruit. I think they turned out amazing!!
So, let’s make some Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies!! Mash your bananas in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs and almond butter. Add the cashew flour (almond flour works too), flax seeds, and baking soda. Whisk everything together.
Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Allow the cookies to sit on the pan to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.Print
I can’t wait for you to try these gluten free + refined sugar free Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies!! They’re so hearty and perfect to grab for an easy morning meal!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup natural almond butter
- 2 cups cashew flour (sub in almond flour or hazelnut flour, NOT coconut flour)
- ⅓ cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, mash your banana in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs and almond butter.
- Add the cashew flour, flax seeds, and baking soda.
- Whisk everything together.
- Fold in chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop large cookies onto a lined baking sheet (I did six per baking sheet).
- Top with a little extra pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the pan to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Serving (1 cookie): Calories 392; Fat 33.4g (Sat 4.6g); Protein 10.7g; Carb 18.2g (net carb 11.6g); Fiber 6.6g; Sodium 118mg
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support!! xo