Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Salad
How’s everyone’s weekend going? It’s beautiful over here. The weather is finally feeling spring-ish and our neighbors seem to be peaking their heads out from winter hibernation. I’m thrilled for the warmer weather. Being cooped up inside has really been driving us all crazy!
It’s amazing the behavior change in the little man (well all of us really haha) when we just get to be outside for a bit. I’m also nerdily psyched for the cherry blossoms to bloom. I’m hoping drag everyone out to see them and bribe them to let me take pictures. Ha.
So, now on to this dish. This “salad” was one of the first I made when I began spiralizing and I have to tell you, I could eat it everyday. For a while, I kinda was. But for real, I’m majorly obsessed. Sweet potatoes are probably my favorite thing to spiralize. They are so sweet and delicious and then sautéing them with some garlic really crisps them up and brings out the flavor. It’s fab, you guys. I could eat them on their own. But alas, I combined them with a buttload of other goodies that is just heaven.
This is just a few simple ingredients and comes together soo so quickly. It’s perfect for a lunch or dinner. Here’s what you do:
First things first. If you are just making this for a few people, I find it best to plate them individually as opposed to one big salad bowl. I’ve done a big salad bowl and while it does the trick, it can get overwhelming with all the long sweet potato noodles.
Place a handful of greens into a bowl.
Sauté the sweet potato noodles in coconut oil. Add the garlic powder and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
Add the avocado, goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. I’m obsessed with this goat cheese:
In each bowl, add the dressing.Print
A light lunch or side salad that is easy to whip together and fun to eat with the spiralized sweet potatoes. Packed with textures and flavors you’ll love!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and spiralized with smallest noodle blade
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (I used honey goat cheese)
- 5 oz. spring mix
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Sauté the spiralized sweet potato over medium heat in olive oil. Add garlic powder and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- In individual bowls, place the greens.
- On top of the greens, place the sautéed sweet potato.
- Top with avocado, crumbled goat cheese and toasted pine nuts.
- In each bowl, drizzle 1 t. extra virgin oil oil and 1 t. balsamic vinegar. Do not mix.
- This makes two large salads, or four side salads.
- Serving Size: 2
Hope you guys love it as much as I do!! xo