Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Harissa
One of the things I love most about sharing food on social media is you get to see what ingredients other people use and you can incorporate them into your own life in your own way. There are flavors that wouldn’t normally cross my path that make me stop in my tracks and say, “I HAVE to try it!”
I originally saw harissa on some roasted carrots and I couldn’t wait to try it! Some red spicy deliciousness is riiiight up my alley. It’s funny the evolution of my personal views regarding food pics.
I’ve made this dish twice since it first came about in my brain and I am just as obsessed as I was with the first bite. Jaryd called it a “winner” and I completely agree with him. Golden beets are pretty amazing because they’re sweet and delicious and don’t stain your hands for days and days like the purple ones! While golden beets still have a slight rooty, earthy taste, it isn’t as intense as the purple ones. They’re super mild and the roasting really brings out an amazing and unexpected sweet flavor!
Another great element to this salad is the creamy goat cheese contrasting the harissa. I used a honey flavored goat cheese, but really any is perfect! It adds a nice counterpoint that brings the dish into a nice balance.
Golden beets and green beans are definitely on my shopping list every week from here on out. You too? That’s what I thought 🙂
So here’s how you make Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Harissa:
Peel the beets and cut the beets horizontally in 1/4 – 1/2 inch pieces. Then, cut each round into quarters.
Cut the green beans into 1-2 inch pieces and toss in a large bowl with the beets and olive oil.
Place the beets and green beans on a lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.
When the veggies are done roasting, toss in a bowl with the sliced grape tomatoes, pepitas, and hemp hearts with the harissa dressing.
Top with crumbled goat cheese and chow down!!Print
You’ll love this veggie packed Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Harissa! The sweet and spicy harissa dressing is so tasty!
- 3 golden beets, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/8 cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the beets and cut the beets horizontally in 1/4 – 1/2 inch rounds. Then, cut the rounds into quarters. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut the green beans into 1-2 inch pieces and place in the bowl with the beets and olive oil.
- Place the coated beets and green beans on a lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine the harissa, white wine vinegar, and agave in a small jar and shake it up.
- When the veggies are done roasting, toss in a bowl with the sliced grape tomatoes, pepitas, and hemp hearts with the harissa dressing.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and enjoy!!
- Per serving: Calories 180; Fat 10.5g (Sat 2.2g); Protein 5.3g; Carb 16.9g (net carbs 14.6g); Fiber 2.3g; Sodium 330mg
- Serving Size: 4
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase a product from one of the links above, I’ll receive a small percentage. Thanks for supporting thetoastedpinenut.com!! xo