I’m a big fan of pizza and pizzaish things. I’ve made this cauliflower crust pizza which is hands down my favorite cauliflower crust ever. I’ve made this coconut flour crust that is so tasty, especially when you drizzle a hella lot of bbq sauce on it.
But, I’ve been wanting to make a flatbread. Something that will serve as a pizza crust in some scenarios, but can be dressed up and fancified as much as we want. Flatbreaaad. The flatbread itself is paleo. I added some mozz which is no so paleo, but add whatever toppings you like!
Yes yes this makes and amazingly easy and simple weeknight meal, but I also love it for an appetizer and party snack. I’m all about the prosciutto and pesto, but let’s be real. My kids are all about that traditional marinara and cheese, so customize the toppings however you like.
So let’s make some Prosciutto + Pesto Flatbread because I know you’ll LOOVEE!!
Whisk together the milk, egg, and ghee. You can also use butter or coconut oil and it should work fine!
Place it in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven, place your pesto (try this one!!), prosciutto, and mini mozzarella balls and pop it back in the oven for for 5 – 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
After it’s done baking, let stand for five minutes. Cut into slices and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- 1/4 cup milk (almond milk or regular)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pesto
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- handful fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, and ghee. You can also use butter or coconut oil and it should work fine!
- Add the almond flour, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Pop in the fridge and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Place it in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out into a long oval crust.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper.
- Pat around the edges to smooth out the crust.
- Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, plop dollops of pesto on top, prosciutto, and mini mozzarella balls and pop it back in the oven for for 7 – 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- After it’s done baking, let stand for five minutes.
- Cut into slices and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Serving (2 slices): Calories 530; Fat 42g (Sat 11.3g); Protein 27.5g; Carb 12.8g (net carb 8.4g); Fiber 4.4g; Sodium 1435mg
Want to save this for later? I made this super fun Pinterest-friendly image for you!!