These blondies are the perfect treat to make whether you’re vegan, have vegan friends, or just ran out of eggs but want a sweet treat!
They have a fudgey, chewy texture, are loaded with chocolate peanut butter flavor, and so light and delicious!
- Easy to make
- Dairy free, egg free, gluten free, and vegan!
- Made with creamy, natural peanut butter
- Easy to customize with different nut/seed butters and sweeteners
- Will be your new favorite treat!
What is the difference between brownies and blondies
I kinda think of blondies v. brownies as the vanilla v. chocolate of the cookie bar world. Blondies are like a chocolate chip cookie in bar form whereas brownies have a cocoa base and are rich and chocolate-y.
Ingredients and Substitutions for Vegan Blondies
Peanut Butter. I LOVE the peanut butter and chocolate combo, but if you can’t have peanut butter or want to switch it up, you can sub in another nut or seed butter like almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or tahini.
Agave Nectar. I usually use agave because it’s low glycemic, but you could sub in honey or maple syrup if you prefer.
Vanilla Extract. Just a splash for those warm, cozy cookie vibes.
Egg Replacer. I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free egg replacer. You can sub in whatever your favorite vegan egg is!
Almond Flour. I love using super-fine blanched almond flour because it’s a lighter color and a smoother texture.
Baking Powder & Salt. For some baking magic.
Chocolate Chips. I go for semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you like darker chocolate or want to chop up your favorite chocolate bar, go for it!
How to Make Vegan Blondies:
Prep your vegan eggs. My egg replacer mixes a powder with water and sits out for a couple minutes to thicken. If yours needs to do this, it’s best to do this first.
Wet ingredients. In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, agave nectar, the egg replacer, and vanilla.
Dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix again until combined.
Fold. Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
Spread. Transfer the batter to the pan and spread the mixture out in an even layer. Because it’s a thicker batter, I found it easiest to pat the batter down in an even layer with a rubber spatula.
More chocolate! Press the remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake & Enjoy! Bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow the blondies to cool before sprinkle with salt (optional) and enjoy!
Ways to make these blondies your own
Dress up these blondies with a drizzle of caramel sauce. Sprinkle on some of your favorite M&M’s or chocolate candies.
More brownies and bars to try:
- Tahini Brownies
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- Fudgey Oat Flour Brownies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Fudgey Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Millionaire Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 vegan eggs (I used Bob’s egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- flakey salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prep your egg replacer if needed. Mine mixes a powder with water and sits out for a couple minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the peanut butter, agave nectar, the egg replacer, and vanilla.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix again until combined.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Prepare an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and spread the mixture out in an even layer.
- Press the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the blondies to sit in the pan for 5 – 10 minutes to cool.
- Glide a knife around any edges touching the pan.
- Lift up the edges of the parchment paper to transfer the blondies to a cutting board.
- Cut into 12 squares.
- Sprinkle with salt (optional) and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg