Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant pot vegetable soup never tasted so good! I’ve been on a soup kick lately! There’s something about the winter months that make me want to get all cozy with a bowl of soup.
I love how hearty this soup is! Even though it’s super light and delicate, it’s full of chunky vegetables that are both loaded with flavor and super filling!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Vegetable Soup:
- Oil. I used some avocado oil to sauté the onions and veggies before popping on the lid to the instant pot and pressure cooking it through. You can use olive oil or whatever your favorite cooking is!
- Veggies. It is vegetable soup, after all! So I did a combo of onion, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and red pepper. But, feel free to customize this to whatever veggies you have in your fridge. This is a great clean out your fridge soup!
- Spices. This is where the magic happens. The spices really bring together the veggies and broth. In this soup we’re using some fresh garlic, smoked paprika, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Beans. I used kidney beans, but just like the veggies, you can customize this! Try some cannellini beans or even garbanzo beans! Whatever beans you have on hand, give it a go!
- Broth. To emphasize the whole veg vibe, I’m using vegetable broth. vegetable broth can be really variable as far as sodium so I always go for low sodium broth and then add salt to taste.
- Tomatoes. Two kinds of tomatoes here, tomato paste and some fire roasted diced tomatoes.
How to make Vegetable Soup in an Instant Pot:
It’s so simple! It’s really just two steps for the veggies to cook and the flavors to come together.
Sauté. Place the oil and onions in your pressure cooker in the sauté mode. Sauté for 10 minutes, adding the rest of the veggies and spices after 5 minutes.
Pressure Cook. After 10 minutes of sautéing the veggies, add all the other ingredients to your instant cook and set your pressure cooker to high for 15 minutes.
Can you freeze vegetable soup?
Yes! Allow the soup to come to room temperature, then place in an air tight container in the freezer. You can store it in your freezer for about 3 months.
Defrost the soup in your fridge overnight and then reheat in your Instant Pot with the “keep warm” setting, on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
More Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Easy Instant Pot Deviled Eggs
- Moroccan Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew
- Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is quick, healthy and flavorful! It’s a comforting, cozy pressure cooker soup recipe that’s so easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (2 1/2 cup chopped)
- 3 large carrots, chopped (1 cup chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in chunks (1 cup)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower florets (cut in small florets)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 15 oz. kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Set the instant pot to the sauté mode for 13 minutes and press start.
- Add the oil and onion to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the chopped carrots, bell pepper, and celery to the pot. Continue to sauté for the remaining five minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, minced garlic, paprika, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir and continue to cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes to the pot.
- Set the pressure cooker to high for 15 minutes and press start. The instant pot will take some time to come up to temperature and then begin to cook and countdown.
- When the 15 minutes is over, release the valve and allow the steam to release.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 851mg
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: instant pot vegetable soup, vegetable soup instant pot, instant pot veggie soup, pressure cooker vegetable soup, instant pot vegetable stew, veggie soup instant pot, instant pot vegetable soup recipes, instant pot vegetable soup with fresh vegetables, vegetarian soup instant pot, vegetable soup recipe instant pot, veggie stew instant pot, pressure cooker vegetable soup recipes, instant pot veg soup, vegetable soup in the instant pot, easy instant pot vegetable soup,