Healthy Chocolate Fudge
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Healthy low carb and gluten free fudge recipe with only six ingredients! Easily make it paleo for a delicious no bake dessert using cacao powder![/caption]
You guys!! When I was younger there was this fudge shop on the boardwalk down the shore. There was an employee that would stand out front with a tray full of samples. Well, I (hi remember me? I have a giant sweet tooth) would walk up and down that block and stop in for sample after sample after sample.
I’d wait for a crowd so I could blend in and no one would notice I’ve already had five samples. Ohh lady, the lengths I’d go for a good piece of fudge. Welp, I made a homemade version.
Now I don’t have to come up with some incognito scheme. Now I can make my own and eat chunk after chunk. There was some debate in our house as to what to call this cube of chocolate bliss because Jaryd thinks it’s more akin to delicious chocolate ganache bar. I think fudge. No, it’s not gooey and sticky like some fudge out there. But, it has that same satisfying thick, decadent, melt in your mouth characteristics that go hand in hand with fudge.
You’ll have to try it for yourself and let me know your thoughts!
And if you need any more reason to love this recipe other that all the aforementioned hype, I’ll name three: 1) I use cacao powder instead of cocoa powder which means it’s healthy. Ok maybe that’s an over simplification, but cacao is considered a superfood, rich in antioxidants and so it’s a feel-good fudge. 2) It’s only six ingredients (omg tell me more). Finally, 3) let’s say this together… nooo baaakkkkee. GUYS! Is this the answer to your prayers or what?!
So let’s make some easy and delicious fudge that literally anyone could make regardless of their culinary skill set.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt your cacoa butter in the microwave, taking it out and stirring after each minute. Continue to whisk it until it is completely melted and smooth. You can also melt it on stovetop, whisking it constantly.
Place it on a flat surface in the fridge for at least two hours. When the fudge is completely hardened, pull the parchment paper up to remove it from the bread pan. Place it on a cutting board cut into 18 cubes.Print
Healthy low carb and gluten free fudge recipe with only six ingredients! Easily make it paleo for a delicious no bake dessert using cacao powder!
- 2 cups cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- spalsh vanilla extract
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 cup cacao powder
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your cocoa butter in the microwave, taking it out and stirring after each minute.
- Continue to whisk it until it is completely melted and smooth. You can also melt it on stovetop, whisking it constantly.
- Add the agave nectar (hone or maple syrup works), peanut butter, and vanilla to the bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and completely combined.
- Add the sea salt and cacao powder and whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour it into a bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place it on a flat surface in the fridge for at least two hours.
- When the fudge is completely hardened, pull the parchment paper up to remove it from the bread pan.
- Place it on a cutting board cut into 18 cubes.
Serving: Calories 261; Fat 21.8g (Sat 10g); Protein 6.7g; Carb 18.7g (net carb 12.5g); Fiber 6.2g; Sodium 75mg