Frozen raspberries are my absolute new favorite snack! Wow! I made these while we were watching a family movie and my kids (and me! and my husband!) couldn’t get over how delicious they were.
For a simple snack, only three ingredients, these were insanely easy to whip together and enjoy! Move over chocolate covered strawberries, these white chocolate coated frozen raspberries are where it’s at.
I love the sweet white chocolate coating. The coconut oil thins out the chocolate enough that it gives the raspberry a perfect layer of chocolate without being too thick or overpowering. You can freeze the raspberries completely so they are frozen through. Or, if you chill them for just 15 minutes, the raspberries maintain some juiciness so you get a nice burst in your mouth when you bite.
Ingredients to make these frozen raspberries:
Raspberries. The reason we’re all here! I love the juiciness of raspberries. I love their texture and the little crunchy seediness to them. But, you could also sub in halved straberries, blueberries, or even blackberries here!
White Chocolate. I used white chocolate chips, but you could use any kid of white chocolate you like – your favorite bar, vegan white chocolate, or even your favorite yogurt would be fun!
Refined Coconut Oil. This is going to help the white chocolate thin out a bit so the chocolate layer isn’t too thick. I go with refined coconut oil because it doesn’t have too much of a coconutty flavor.
How to make white chocolate coated frozen raspberries:
Wash and Dry. First, rinse the raspberries under water and pat them dry. It’s best to do this ahead of time so your raspberries can have some time to air dry.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. I did this in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth.
Coat the raspberries. Dip the raspberries in the chocolate. Use a fork to pull the berry up from the chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to fall back into the bowl. Transfer to a plate lined with parchment paper.
Chill. Pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes to 2 hours depending how frozen you want the berries to be.
More raspberry recipes to try:
- White Chocolate & Raspberry Cookies
- Raspberry Smoothie
- Fresh Raspberry Pie with a Pecan Crust
- Peanut Butter + Raspberry Muffins
Frozen White Chocolate Raspberries
Frozen raspberries are a delicious, healthy snack coated with sweet white chocolate. Keep them stashed in your freezer for a fun treat!
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Rinse and thoroughly dry your raspberries. If you have time, allow them to air dry to get rid of any excess water on the outside.
- Place the white chocolate and coconut oil in a small, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth.
- Place a raspberry into the white chocolate and use a fork to turn it over and coat it.
- Use the fork to pull the raspberry up from the bowl and allow excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl.
- Place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes to 2 hours depending how frozen you want the berries.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/4 the batch
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 13.9g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe