So I’ve been in the blogging game for about 3 months now. I know, it seems like it’s been forever. I love it. I love sharing my experiences and recipes with people that actually make and enjoy them! But, I have noticed a few pitfalls of food blogging. First, your kitchen always looks like a bomb went off and clean up stinks. Second, there are some epic fails.
I mean, instead making the safe options you know and love, you try new things hoping to come across or develop a really awesome recipe. But, in charting this new territory, you bomb. A lot.
It’s so frustrating because you want it to turn out, and it seems so promising. And, in that moment of truth, it’s just completely and totally awful.
I’ve seen a crazy amount of things on Pinterest being made from avocados. I’m proud of avocados, really. They’re so versatile and delicious.
But, making chocolatey things out of them made me pause. Chocolate is sacred to me and mixing it with avocado seemed beyond counter intuitive. Well, I decided to give the whole chocolate avocado thing a go and made this pudding and let me tell you: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. You HAVE to try it.
By that third bite you are OVER the fact there is avo in it and you only taste creamy, chocolate perfection. It’s incredibly delicious. I’m planning on making more today because I can’t resist. I love LOVE this recipe. And I mean, how much easier does it get then throwing a bunch of ingredients in a food processor and pressing ON. Mindless.
So let’s make some Chocolate Avocado Pudding!!
Place the avocados, almond milk, agave nectar, cocoa, peanut butter and sea salt in the food processor.
Process until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides and process again until combined and smooth. Set aside.
Place the heavy whipping cream in an electric standing mixer. Turn the mixer on high and whip the milk until it begins to firm, about 1 minute. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and whip for another 10 seconds until combined through.
Place the avocado pudding on a plate or in a bowl, top with a dollop of homemade whip cream, fresh berries, and cacao nibs!Print
Delicious chocolate pudding made from avocados!! I love the dark chocolate pudding with the homemade whip cream. It’s such a fun and decadent dessert!!
- Chocolate Pudding:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Homemade Whip:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- splash vanila extract
- fresh berries
- cacao nibs
- Place the avocados, almond milk, agave nectar, cocoa, peanut butter and sea salt in the food processor.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and process again until combined and smooth.
- Set aside.
- Place the heavy whipping cream in an electric standing mixer.
- Turn the mixer on high and whip the milk until it begins to firm, about 1 minute.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla and whip for another 10 seconds until combined through.
- Place the avocado pudding on a plate or in a bowl, top with a dollop of homemade whip cream, fresh berries, and cacao nibs!
Love this recipe and want to save it for later? I made this super pin-able image, just for you 😉