I gotta be real. As much as I love #toasttuesday, I struggle with the toast part. I’ve gotten creative with sweet potato toast, apple toasts, low carb wraps, store bought low carb breads, but always just chalked it to a morning that I’d indulge a bit. But I kept experimenting with homemade versions until I came up with this bad boy…
Single serve bread. This is perfect for toasts, sandwiches, FRENCH TOAST IS DEFINITELY HAPPENING. I have so many ideas!! I love it even more that it’s dairy free, paleo, and gluten free so it’s really the perfect recipe for anyone. Except vegans, I suppose.
But for real! These are so easy and simple!! You guys need to pin this recipe for later because man oh man, it’s so worth it!
So here’s how you make the single serve toast because you need it as much as I do. You need BLTs, and PB&Js! You need that stacked sammie you’ve been dreaming about. Croutons!! What about croutons?! They haven’t been in my life in any significant way for years. Dreams are coming true in this blog post, people.
But first, a disclaimer. Things may happen in the below directions where you’re like whaaaa is this chick for realz? The answer is yes. Real as it gets, people.
First, whisk together the coconut oil, almond milk, egg, and tahini until combined.
Add the almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Whisk everything together until completely combined.
So here’s where things get crafty. You know those kiddie sandwich boxes? I never had one as a kid, but I struggled with getting the perfect shape for this toast. You can definitely use a square tupperware or a small bowl and make it more English muffin-y. I love that it’s kind of customizable.
Anyway, pour the batter into the kiddie sandwich box (I got a Nemo one, but you do you). I greased mine first with some coconut oil.
Microwave it for 2 minutes and gently remove it. It’ll be pretty sponge-y. Use a cerated knife to cut it in half, into two slices.
Place the two slices onto a lined baking pan and broil it for a couple minutes until things crisp up a bit. By the way! I’ve tried just popping them in the toaster and it’s not the best method because they get wave-y and not flat. Hard to explain.
Ta-Da! Top with your favorite things – the possibilities, omg!!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- First, whisk together the coconut oil, almond milk, egg, and tahini until combined.
- Add the almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Whisk everything together until completely combined.
- Grease a kiddie sandwich box, square tupperware, or a small bowl (and make it more English muffin-y) with some coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the kiddie sandwich box.
- Microwave it for 2 minutes and gently remove it from the container. It'll be pretty sponge-y.
- Use a cerated knife to cut it in half through the center, making it two slices of toast.
- Place the two slices onto a lined baking sheet and broil it for a couple minutes until things crisp up a bit.
- Top with your favorite things - the possibilities, omg!!
- Per slice: Calories 254; Fat 24.1g (Sat 14.7g); Protein 6.0g; Carb 4.3g (net carbs 2.8g); Fiber 1.5g; Sodium 231mg