GUYS! I’m typing this from a couch. MY COUCH! We ditched our old, tattered couch at the dump back in Philly. When we came to Cali, we spent about one week without a couch. There was lots of laying on the floor, propping ourselves up against walls, and creative sitting. Turns out it takes a while to order furniture, get it delivered, etc. etc. Welp, our couch arrived and I’m sitting on it 🙂
What I love most is my kids could not care less about our lack of furniture. They haven’t even mentioned it. They have their beds, their toys, food, and they’re set. Mom, why are all our clothes in a suitcase and in piles on our floor? Nope, more liiiike… Mom, I love this giant room with no furniture so we can just roll around from wall to wall. I love it.
I’m just happy I have a comfy place to sit now as I write my posts. Bare necessities. I mean, mayyybe a small side table for a bevie would be nice. But I’m pretty psyched about my couch. And, if you saw what my old couch looked like, you would be psyched for me too. I’ll keep you updated with my living room progress.
So I came across a ranch dip the other day and I wanted to experiment a bit with cashew dips because I love this cashew aioli. I’ve been wanting to make another vegan nut dip option. And so, this cool creamy cashew ranch dip was born. I’m pretty obsessed with the flavor, I dipped allll kinds of veggies in it. I think my fave were the rainbow carrots, because hello pretty.
It’s also been super hot these past few days I love the no-stove necessary snack option. Plus I can never resist that ranch flavor. So let’s make some creamy cashew ranch dip and make this world a better place, ok?
First, drain the cashews of any excess water. In your food processor, process the cashews, water, and apple cider vinegar until combined.
Add the garlic cloves, celery seed, onion powder, and sea salt and process again until combined and smooth. My food processor makes things more “rustic” looking (aka not as smooth), but depending on your kitchen appliance, yours may be smoother!
Transfer to a bowl and fold in the dill and chives.
Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, and additional chopped herbs. Serve with your favorite veggies
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2+ hours and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dull, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the cashews of any excess water.
- In your food processor, process the cashews, water, and apple cider vinegar until combined.
- Add the garlic cloves, celery seed, onion powder, and sea salt and process again until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the dill and chives.
- Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, and additional chopped herbs.
- Calories 108; Fat 8.8g (Sat 1.7g); Protein 2.7g; Carb 6.0g (net carbs 5.4); Fiber 0.6g; Sodium 35mg