Soo, I’m not entirely sure if this is breakfast or dessert. Originally I had planned for this to be breakfast but then at 8am when I dug in, I felt a bit like I was eating chocolate cookies for breakfast. I mean hellllo choc-o-late. Coco pebbles got nothing on this beauty.
If you haven’t tried chocolate chia pudding yet, you NEED TO! It is so easy!!! The night before you put everything in a jar and shake it. Then you wake up the next morning and voila! I shake it whenever I go back to the fridge, just because I can’t let anything alone. Then, go up to bed and let the magic happen.
In a world of grab and go eats, meal prepping, and easy meals, chia pudding needs to be in your repertoire. So let’s make some chocolate chia pudding and never turn back…
Place the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, cocoa, and agave in a mason jar.
Screw the lid on a shake it up. Place it in the fridge overnight. If I make it and hang downstairs a bit before bed, I give it a shake whenever I’m near the fridge. It’s totally not necessary, it just makes me feel productive 🙂
The next morning, either keep it in the mason jar, add toppings and take it on the go, or transfer it into a bowl and top with your favorite things!
- 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (or favorite sweetener)
- pinch of sea salt
- Place the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, cocoa, agave, and sea salt in a mason jar.
- Screw the lid on a shake it up.
- Place it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, either keep it in the mason jar, add toppings and take it on the go, or transfer it into a bowl and top with your favorite things!
- I topped it with banana, pumpkin seeds, a peanut butter drizzle, and some additional chopped chocolate.
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!